So, how is everyone feeling about Sunday? | Page 2 | Vital Football

So, how is everyone feeling about Sunday?

Feeling happy we are there and going to just try and enjoy it whatever happens. I've heard people mention them as favourites on every preview based on form, playoff history, most clean sheets, etc but none have mentioned that in 2 games we've put 5 past them, they've not been able to beat us and our form has been hampered by injury, COVID and we have almost a fully fit squad now.

I'm expecting us not to go up (I have to or im a mess) and anything else will be an incredible bonus. Can't wait to clap out the lads!
When they drew with us last month, 8 of their starting 11 that day started against Oxford last week.
The following players who started against Sunderland on Saturday did not start against Blackpool
Eyoma
Bridcut
Grant
Scully
Hopper

We have scored over 100 goals this season, these 5 players have scored between them 46 goals (almost half). This proves that we were a very under strength side that day and managed a 2-2 draw after being 2 down.

UTI

I disagree this could possibly be our best chance of promotion to the Championship ever. I am not saying it won't come around again but this season has presented us with a golden opportunity.

Next season will be a lot tougher than this on two counts lots of teams through promotion, relegation, takeovers etc will have a lot more money to spend than they had this season and we will be even further behind the big spenders. By MA's own admission this season we have attracted some unbelievable loan talent that we may not get the chance of again in such numbers. We may possibly be better next season but I think the opposition will ramp up considerably.

Let's be honest on our day we are as good if not better than anyone in this division and although everyone has Blackpool has hot favourites I just don't see it in a one off winner takes all match.

This is not a free hit this is a golden chance for something that most City fans haven't seen or can't remember in their lifetimes. I am excited and nervous because as history has proved this chance can sometimes take a long time to come round again. I was a young teen 39 years ago if we have to wait another 39 there is pretty good chance I won't be here to see it so come on Imps let's seize the prize and make some history!
Have to disagree. Before every season, we hear that the teams coming down from the league above will be really strong. Doesn't often hold true.
As for being even further behind the big spenders, well it didn't do Sunlun any good did it.

At the moment, a mix of relaxed and excited. But when I'm sitting in front of the telly on Sunday, it will be a different matter - I may even be standing!!

To be fair, I’m a bit fed up really. I decided not to go to Wembley despite being a 21-22 season ticket holder. Reason? My 17 year old son, also a season ticket holder, finally recently found work after a 9 month struggle (Covid stopped most recruitment in recent months of course) As he works Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings (so would be ok then to renew season tickets for 21-22 for Tuesday/Saturday fixtures) he can’t have time off work for fear of losing the much need job. So, he missed the Sunderland home fixture as it was a Wednesday, and will miss the final too. As an act of solidarity and fatherly compassion, Ive chosen to forsake my ticket and watch the game on TV with my son. It’s tough at the bottom!

To be fair, I’m a bit fed up really. I decided not to go to Wembley despite being a 21-22 season ticket holder. Reason? My 17 year old son, also a season ticket holder, finally recently found work after a 9 month struggle (Covid stopped most recruitment in recent months of course) As he works Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings (so would be ok then to renew season tickets for 21-22 for Tuesday/Saturday fixtures) he can’t have time off work for fear of losing the much need job. So, he missed the Sunderland home fixture as it was a Wednesday, and will miss the final too. As an act of solidarity and fatherly compassion, Ive chosen to forsake my ticket and watch the game on TV with my son. It’s tough at the bottom!

I shall also watching the final on TV with my son in the knowledge that I was not eligible for Wembley tickets as I am not a season ticket holder, nor ever have I been, despite going through thick and thin with City for 40-odd years. Good luck to all those going and enjoy the day. Just a shame that many of us diehards are missing out while a fair few Jonny-come-latelys, who jumped on the Cowley bandwagon, etc, will be cheering on the Imps. Such is life.

Up the Imps.

Relaxed about it at the moment, but Sunday I wont be. Its almost a free hit, we didnt expect to be here this season and mid table would have been a good finish. However !! you get so few chances to win the huge prize on offer on Sunday and would bring me full circle to when I first watched the Imps in 1961. We have to go for it and no regrets, if only's, and stuff.
UTI.

Right decision , enjoy sharing the experience

Respect to you for being a good Dad. No matter what enjoy the game with your son, both of you will have those memories. There will be other games you can both go to in person in the future.

On the contrary, probably a good decision. I missed the away game at Sunderland and probably like yourself felt gutted at the time. I had a house viewing lined up and in boiling housing market couldn’t afford to miss it (viewings on one day only). Sometimes, you have to do what is right and be comfortable with it to enable you to look the family in the eye and have no regrets.

Will be watching on TV, with some extended family who are non-Imps fans but who had invited us ages ago for a BBQ. I'll be commandeering the TV for a couple of hours.

First left semi I was very relaxed as I didn't expect much and we came away with a great result, I couldn't quite believe it. Second leg was awful for the first half and after Jorge's penalty miss and Conor's miss. So I enjoyed about 15/20 mins after half time. We were away with friends last weekend and I considered taking a bottle of fizz with us in case we went through but didn't want to tempt fate.

This time I'm feeling more and more nervous as the days go on. Had very weird post-Pfizer jab dreams on Tuesday night about trying to get into Wembley via and air conditioning duct filled with rats. No injury news yet though and nothing on the score.

I know it's a free hit for us, but I can't help feeling we need to sieze this opportunity after the season we have had. Fingers crossed I'll celebrating rather than commiserations on Sunday. I'm not going to tempt fate by getting a bottle of Champagne ready this time either. If we win, I'll have to celebrate with something else.