So, how is everyone feeling about Saturday? | Page 2 | Vital Football

So, how is everyone feeling about Saturday?

Not a chance ! I have to be there to enjoy as I did hugely on Wednesday, too nervous to watch or hear updates. Its 60 years since I last saw them in the old Div 2 and we can almost touch it again, beep brilliant !!
See you at Wembley :rolleyes:

That's fair enough. For me, I think I'd find it more stressful not knowing what was going on!

But it will be the first time a few of the side have played in front of a large, hostile crowd.

People at work asked me what I thought before Wednesday and I said I had a feeling it would be like the Man City 2 leg cup win in the late nineties. Win at home, then score away with a large home crowd turning on their own team and each other.

Looking like a good prediction so far.

Last edited:
People at work asked me what I thought before Wednesday and I said I had a feeling it would be like the Man City 2 leg cup win in the late nineties. Win at home, then score away with a large home crowd turning on their own team and each other.

The longer it stays 0-0, or if we nick one, the better it will be. And we have the necessary Dutchman, though a goal like Gisbert's that night will definitely be beneath Lewis's dignity. Brennan's has already ticked that box!

To be honest I am shitting a brick. Feel as others have said, that 2-0 is the most dangerous scoreline in football. Do we sit back and park the bus? Do we go for a 3rd? The only saving grace is the Mackems have to go for it, which suits our counter attack.
But we really do have a habit of snatching the jaws of defeat from victory. Really, really hope I am wrong, but can see it going to pens.
Nerves are shot, and will be until the final whistle, when I will be saying we did wonders getting this far, or saying Blackpool hmmm... Can we do it...

Some wonderful memories. Was there for both games, let's hope for something similar.

Should I be fretting? Well, I probably would be if we were 2 goals down but we're not, we're 2 goals up.
Going to a ground where our last two games there ended in draws over 90 mins + AT.

I want us to thump them, but I have a fear that we will be losing by one goal with 20 minutes to play and I won't be enjoying it all until it is all over.

I'm a bigger mess than I was before Wednesdays game.

Fully expect a typical Lincoln away performance, sitting back and hitting on the counter. It's the only way we should play on Saturday.

Nervous and excited in equal measure. Morgan Rogers (who maybe didn't live up to potential on Wednesday) puts us 3-0 up in the tie early on, and after half time the Sunderland fans get restless. Pressure on Sunderland. We defend to a man. Agree with GreenNeedle in that respect. We can do it!!!!!

Nothing has changed for me. Whatever happens it has all been gravy. If anything, it should be Sunderland feeling nervous after our home leg.

I had no expectations going into the two legs and only hoped we drew or won the first leg to give us a chance going into the return fixture. That was achieved splendidly, and whatever happens next is que sera sera. One thing we can be certain of is, whatever the outcome the players and coaching staff will have done their level best, making themselves and everybody else proud. That is all we can ask of them.

As I said before, you've got to be in it to win it. Well, we are in it and we are going to win it. The Imps owe it to Oldguard and others on here who couldn't get a ticket for last Wednesday to do the job on Saturday so they can at least get a trip out to Wembley a week on Sunday. For what it's worth, I'm pretty relaxed about it. It's 60 years since we were last in Division 2 and I am absolutely convinced that we will be back there next season.

Not a chance ! I have to be there to enjoy as I did hugely on Wednesday, too nervous to watch or hear updates. Its 60 years since I last saw them in the old Div 2 and we can almost touch it again, beep brilliant !!
See you at Wembley :rolleyes:
Hang on .Im not clear on this. Are you actually not going to watch the game or listen to commentary ?

Why all the fuss about 10,000 fans at the stadium of light? I dont see how 10,000 bi polar Mackems rattling around a wacking great stadium like that is going be intimidating .

As I said before, you've got to be in it to win it. Well, we are in it and we are going to win it. The Imps owe it to Oldguard and others on here who couldn't get a ticket for last Wednesday to do the job on Saturday so they can at least get a trip out to Wembley a week on Sunday. For what it's worth, I'm pretty relaxed about it. It's 60 years since we were last in Division 2 and I am absolutely convinced that we will be back there next season.
Thanks mate .I appreciate that. I actually managed to get to the match .Its not what you know is it?

Some wonderful memories. Was there for both games, let's hope for something similar.
As was I. Only game (@ Maine Road) I have been to where my ears were ringing the day after from the noise (we made. lol) I still have both programs somewhere.

Only other time that happened to me was (the day after) Metallica @ Sheffield Arena in '93

I'm quietly confident . The Big Apple has already stated we are going to play to win. The pressure remains completely on Sunderland. They have to reduce a two goal deficit without conceding .Its in their backyard and the natives are restless. The Manager is under pressure and the players are aware that reputations are at stake. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Those feeling nervous, look at it this way: How would you be looking at Saturday's game if we had lost 2-0 at Sunderland on Weds and had to turn around a two-goal deficit at the Bank? Feeling a lot worse, I bet. Keep the faith.