So back in May... | Vital Football

So back in May...

Grayblade

Vital Football Hero
I said to my youngest lad who also works in IT... ‘I hope to god when they do finally get a tracking App sorted they don’t develop it to only work on the later phones, it’ll rule out a massive chunk of the population from using it.’ To which my lad replied ‘Nah Dad, they wouldn’t be that stupid.’ 🙄

I'm afraid that backward compatibility isn't an Apple thing, Gray. iOS13 isn't compatible with anything previous. I am in the same position though. I still have my 5s which is now stuck the wrong side of the fence, on iOS12. I do have one of FKB jr's 'old' iPhone 6's but I have the hassle of getting it unlocked and faffing about with SIM's, and i'm not sure I can be arsed. To be fair the people we need to track the most are the 18-30 group, who tend to change their phones very regularly. Jr has had five phones while i've had this one...!

I look at it thsi wasy.....the young adults pass on the virus and they own the new phones. Must be best for us than working on old phones and the old worried about a ping.

The App doesn’t appear to have the capability show those who have had an NHS test , which clearly is an oversight . I ‘d say it was an error due to how rapidly it has been rolled out , but alas it took us so much longer than many other countries, including those who have long followed us in our wake (Ireland etc . ) .

Johnson now needs to be removed PDQ and someone capable put in his place . Starmer is worryingly edging ahead in some polls , despite the old adage that he would send a glass eye to sleep . Let ‘s put a credible operator in , pronto , to lead the government out of this mess .

But those that get a message to say they have had contact will know they have just had a test.

Boris needs our support. Look at the media this morning...not one person put any blame on the young uni lot for not using hads,face,space.

Boris needs our support. Look at the media this morning...not one person put any blame on the young uni lot for not using hads,face,space.

They have to remember three things Chips, couldn't they have a multiple choice question instead?

Well the good news is that I am now fully track and trace. I have an old (but not too old) Android phone in the car, just in case some poorly defined catastophe befalls us out on the road, and we find ourselves without communication. I've loaded the app to that and will stick that in my other coat pocket while out and about.

They have to remember three things Chips, couldn't they have a multiple choice question instead?

Well the good news is that I am now fully track and trace. I have an old (but not too old) Android phone in the car, just in case some poorly defined catastophe befalls us out on the road, and we find ourselves without communication. I've loaded the app to that and will stick that in my other coat pocket while out and about.
And remember to ignore Sir help and if you get a dose then self isolate.