Smith Wants 'Right Finish' Against Huddersfield | Vital Football

Smith Wants 'Right Finish' Against Huddersfield

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Head coach Dean Smith has spoken of the need to ensure Brentford finish the season the right way against Huddersfield Town this weekend.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?445804">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Well he got it....

Glad I made the trip. A lesson in clinical finishing from the Bees. Real party time stuff. They recovered after equalising but as soon as Hogan slotted home his first it was all us. superb counter attacking play by us and excellent play through the middle.Hogan is the real deal and Vibe's goal the best of a very good bunch. Shame the season is over now.

Happy days.

Really pleased to see Kerschbaumer progressing well after some of the criticism he's had. Certainly, you could never fault him for effort.
And now assists for three of Hogan's last four goals .

I seem to remember saying that I was impressed with KK after the pre-season friendly in Portugal, I have been keeping very quiet since then.

Great way to end the season, whatever they did in that last international break it worked wonders and the world looks so different now. I guess having a striker who is on fire has helped massively. I'm not going to get too carried away by a decent KK performance, but he along with Vibe have shown me something in this run in, maybe there is real potential there - same for Gogia and Hoffman too.

Let's not completely gloss over how real our plight seemed recently, or some of those decisions that were taken that haven't gone so well. I think a lot of little changes will be made now, many under the radar.

Nevertheless fair play to those who felt more relaxed about the team and our ability to cope and survive, you have been proven right in the end. I was in a different place, the hangover after MW's departure affected me badly, then Marinus, Oxford, the pitch, 2 stressful transfer windows, Tarks & almost all media commentators ripping into us. MB is a strategic thinker but also a gambler, he flips the coin sometimes, and a lot of the calls have worked out in the end. What I have learned is to be less skeptical about his intentions and to be a bit more patient - the parting with Warbs made me question this. I have the evidence I needed to now see this in a different light, we are truly lucky to have him.

All in all it's turned out well, huge credit to everyone at the club for overseeing a top 10 finish in this the most difficult league of all. The Bees are back on track and the future looks promising - i'm in.

Great result and I genuinely dont see us getting picked apart this summer as heavily as we were last.

I’m concerned that I have a bad case of Wiseaftertheeventitis, a common and easily acquired affliction. The truth is that I was expecting a last ditch fight against relegation because of a lack of team balance and I was plain wrong. The only thing I can say in my defence is that I thought and said that DS should not get fired even if we went down.