SMBs at Rock Bottom | Page 4 | Vital Football

SMBs at Rock Bottom

Good achievement, they managed to get out of the Champinship first time of asking.

Things are not that bad for Sunderland supporters. There are some compensations.

Coming into the FA Cup at an earlier stage, it could be possible for them to get a run going.

They are also in a position to emulate Pardew, in contention for the Johnstones Paint Trophy.

They may have another year without an FA cup appearance like 1988 when they got knocked out in the 2nd round in December of 87

The Tramps will be facing Accrington Stanley next season for the first time since 1894. If that's not bad enough for the cheesey chip brigade then there's this:

Accrington have won the last 6 meetings. #6InARow :grinning:

I think I got the title wrong when I started this thread mind, they were no-where near rock bottom at that time. Hopefully they haven't even reached the bottom yet. Administration and a points deduction next season would be a nice touch. Sell the ground - they are already closing half of it next year - how long can they justify the costs of a stadium that size when they are playing against teams with 3 or 4 thousand seats? This story could run and run.

He was at the Travelling Man for lunch. You would be excused for thinking the messiah had arrived the way some of the Mackems were going on. The most plausible reason I heard was that he was standing in for 'Eddie Eats' from the Sunday Sun and doing a review of the pub meal.

Wasn’t he in charge when they got the least amount of points in the PL history at the time? I may be wrong but it wasn’t far off!

The makems at work are all full of it. "Start of a new era", "We never rated Coleman". Just like every time they change manager. Their expectations are so low they actually glorify their own misery. One kid actually said to me "it feels great to be debt free after all these years".

Wasn’t he in charge when they got the least amount of points in the PL history at the time? I may be wrong but it wasn’t far off!

Correct mate, bottom of the league with 15 points in 2005-06 season. Mick McCarthy sacked in February and replaced with (minor) celebrity inbred and local hero Kevin Ball.

Christ, not that i go on much and certainly haven't for a couple of years, but you can go on any Mackem forum and most of their threads are about us. Here, however, ive had to trawl in about 16 pages to see one remotely about the unwashed.

Anyway seems that they're having a great week with the re-signing of 50 year old 'Jamaaaiinnneeee' Defoe and by the looks of it their own messiah has been offered the vacant manager's job in Roy Keane.

Just when I was just starting to be able to tolerate him on Sky with Micah Richards as well.