Smashing Article | Vital Football

Smashing Article

But that’s where this latest, and many hope final, chapter of Ashley’s reign at Newcastle begins. Having witnessed ten years of largely turgid football at St James Park, the acquisition of Benitez was beyond the wildest dreams of most supporters. A world-class manager with serious pedigree, a multiple trophy winner in three countries, a master tactician. A step up from John Carver. Sanctioning the signing of Benitez – and it’s worth busting another myth here, as Keys and Gray insist that Ashley brought the Spaniard to the North East, whilst in fact it was Benitez that approached Newcastle

It's an ok write up although most of us already get that Mike Ashley is a lying nasty ****.

The Rafa can do no wrong sentiment raises my suspicions about it's real intent though.

While "busting another myth" the article creates yet another as it does not verify it's claim that Benitez approached Newcastle,and more importantly why

Can anyone point me to a reputable source that will backup their claim ?

It could be considered a bit cynical to use KK to attack Ashley when Benitez chooses to work for him.

Ashley would not pay any manager six million quid unless he had a very good reason.too.

Last edited:
Another excellent article I read today vin was George Caulkin in an interview with Derek Wright. Titled: Revealed: secrets of Newcastle's physio, friend and 'agony aunt'. Lots of memories and one he mentioned was when he was younger on how he would rush on to the pitch, full of adrenalin, taking the cheers of the crowd, especially if both physio's had been called on at the same time. It was childish he said. He hated getting beat in a race to their respective injured player.
I'm sure more than me will remember those times and smile.