Slaviska Jokanovic the latest | Page 8 | Vital Football

Slaviska Jokanovic the latest

I'll take that.

Far more beneficial if he comes in now and works out what's what, who to keep, who to sell and who the rotten cu nt is.

Laying down the foundations of the new start now clearly gives us a better chance next season.

Appointing this guy would at least be interesting. For a while, anyway.

It's a more impressive idea of an appointment than anything McCabe ever did.

This could be a Blessin in disguise. The players fitness will improve, he learnt his pressing style from Klopp and good with young players.

I don’t know why supporters are so keen on Jakonavic. Ok, so he has two promotions to the Premier League on CV, that alone is impressive and ticks the box in what both supporters and the club wants. On par, I’d also say that he plays entertaining football which is something we all want, though results are key. However, what isn’t mentioned is that at both Watford and Fulham he spent loads of money in getting a team together, and SUFC aren’t made of money.

When he got Watford promoted, they booted him out of Vicarage Road and replaced him. Why, I don’t know? And with Fulham, upon promotion he spent over £100million on transfers alone (this would have been a lot more with wages + signing on fees etc). They were also relegated within twelve months under his stewardship.

I cannot see Prince Abdullah giving him an open cheque book, considering the amount of money the club have spent on transfers over the last two years, and that the Prince wants the club to decide which players its brining in (this scares me), I don’t see Jakanovic as a perfect fit for those reasons

I don’t know why supporters are so keen on Jakonavic. Ok, so he has two promotions to the Premier League on CV, that alone is impressive and ticks the box in what both supporters and the club wants. On par, I’d also say that he plays entertaining football which is something we all want, though results are key. However, what isn’t mentioned is that at both Watford and Fulham he spent loads of money in getting a team together, and SUFC aren’t made of money.

When he got Watford promoted, they booted him out of Vicarage Road and replaced him. Why, I don’t know? And with Fulham, upon promotion he spent over £100million on transfers alone (this would have been a lot more with wages + signing on fees etc). They were also relegated within twelve months under his stewardship.

I cannot see Prince Abdullah giving him an open cheque book, considering the amount of money the club have spent on transfers over the last two years, and that the Prince wants the club to decide which players its brining in (this scares me), I don’t see Jakanovic as a perfect fit for those reasons
If I’m honest I don’t think he’s in the frame he isn’t applying and I don’t think we will go chasing a replacement

He didn't spend that money. Fulham did, regardless of his wishes, and that contributed to his departure.

He's been treated harshly when in the PL but we don't need him for the PL anyway.

Alexander Blessin praat op Eleven Sports

Very interesting. Thanks RW.
I’ve no idea if this bloke is any good or if, indeed, he is our target, but he certainly talks a good game. The impression gained from the early part of the interview was “indecisive”. By the end it was “adaptable”. He certainly appears to know his stuff.

Very interesting. Thanks RW.
I’ve no idea if this bloke is any good or if, indeed, he is our target, but he certainly talks a good game. The impression gained from the early part of the interview was “indecisive”. By the end it was “adaptable”. He certainly appears to know his stuff.

Few observations on what is admittedly a short piece.

"You always have to be openminded". That's a cracking start even though its at the end of the interview.

"Making the most of dead ball situations" That will cause heart attacks amongst our lot that take them.

"Transition phase, speed of thought and action" See above

And finally The clips had a common element. Quality and delivery of balls into the box and intelligent positioning, movement and decisive finishing by the recipient.
Just maybe this guy can get Brewster off and running and if we end up keeping McBurnie he should flourish.

I hope we appoint this guy especially, with the possible exception of Slaviska Jokanovic the alternatives look like an inseperable collection of grey, uninspired same olds.

Few observations on what is admittedly a short piece.

"You always have to be openminded". That's a cracking start even though its at the end of the interview.

"Making the most of dead ball situations" That will cause heart attacks amongst our lot that take them.

"Transition phase, speed of thought and action" See above

And finally The clips had a common element. Quality and delivery of balls into the box and intelligent positioning, movement and decisive finishing by the recipient.
Just maybe this guy can get Brewster off and running and if we end up keeping McBurnie he should flourish.

I hope we appoint this guy especially, with the possible exception of Slaviska Jokanovic the alternatives look like an inseperable collection of grey, uninspired same olds.
Or appoint one of the guys he said taught him SBT ?
But I do like the look of him as they say. A few of his players look good!