Slaviska Jokanovic the latest | Page 21 | Vital Football

Slaviska Jokanovic the latest

Of course it's a clean sheet but the club also has to learn from it's past so, criticicng the current owner for not supporting the manager, as you claim above, when that manager had wasted millions, has a relevance to the future too- mainly don't make the same mistake twice- as a previous owner did -would be learning from experience for the better.
So it looks like you are worried about him not supporting the new bloke TT?
Me? I'll wait and see.

I notice Eddie Howe's turned down the Celtic job according to the Beeb sport website.I wonder if he was on our wanted list? UTB

Two words are most relevant here: tax free. The reason why Qatar has an indigenous population of 330,000, a modest number swollen by 2.4m foreigners, is tax exempt status to salaried employees. Even the self employed only pay 10%. It is reported that Jokanovic 24-month contract at Al-Gharafa netted him £2.5m per year. To bank that in the UK, where the top tax band is 45%, he will need to be receiving an annual basic salary of £4.5m. Anything less and he is taking a pay cut. Which means United could well have made a minimum £13.5m commitment plus performance-related bonuses.

Interesting article, is it fact who knows, would or why would he take a pay cut allegedly he was in great demand. Certainly a decent contract for any Championship club, great if he delivers which we hope he does.

Two words are most relevant here: tax free. The reason why Qatar has an indigenous population of 330,000, a modest number swollen by 2.4m foreigners, is tax exempt status to salaried employees. Even the self employed only pay 10%. It is reported that Jokanovic 24-month contract at Al-Gharafa netted him £2.5m per year. To bank that in the UK, where the top tax band is 45%, he will need to be receiving an annual basic salary of £4.5m. Anything less and he is taking a pay cut. Which means United could well have made a minimum £13.5m commitment plus performance-related bonuses.

Interesting article, is it fact who knows, would or why would he take a pay cut allegedly he was in great demand. Certainly a decent contract for any Championship club, great if he delivers which we hope he does.
He may have if he wanted this particular job it’s not unheard of in fact I’ve done it myself before today, there is more to life than money !

He may have if he wanted this particular job it’s not unheard of in fact I’ve done it myself before today, there is more to life than money !

He left Watford over money and probably went to Quatar for money it's not a great leap of faith but we probably will never know.

He left Watford over money and probably went to Quatar for money it's not a great leap of faith but we probably will never know.
I used to chase money worked all the overtime I could switched jobs for more money and then I took a pay cut and stopped chasing it when I realised health and happiness were more important maybe he’s reached that time
or maybe we’ve pulled out all the stops to attract like you say we probably won’t find out

so he,ll have all the money he needs to live comfy. so he may be here for football reasons,and on interview hes been given a war chest to get us up ,or why would he sign ??????????????????????//

I used to chase money worked all the overtime I could switched jobs for more money and then I took a pay cut and stopped chasing it when I realised health and happiness were more important maybe he’s reached that time
or maybe we’ve pulled out all the stops to attract like you say we probably won’t find out

We don't know how the guy thinks, surprised with his CV he didn't find another job in England. He chose Quatar, with no disrespect to them is a backwater of football. I think 2.5m a year is a great retirement backup but we will never know, and if he delivers promotion nobody will care, it's just a feature somebody put out there.

So we appoint the fans favourite by a country mile and some soft wet wipes have got sandy vaginas. Only the Blades Snowflake Army.

Slav will kick butt. Long overdue. Don't like it? Theres an apology for a club in S6 needs all the tissues it can get. Jog on.

so he,ll have all the money he needs to live comfy. so he may be here for football reasons,and on interview hes been given a war chest to get us up ,or why would he sign ??????????????????????//

I think the Premiership and probably a fair amount in Championship managers have a decent bank account but I'm not convinced they do it out of a love of the game, they do it for money same as the players.
Clearly he is being paid a decent wedge for his services, what that is I don't know, neither do I know what war chest he has been given.
As we know what's said can be changed, didn't you post CW had been sold down the river or words to that effect when the Prince pulled the plug on the Jan window.

It's an article on a possible scenario it's not etched in stone it could be true or pure guesswork who knows, chill out.

Bettis indicates that Jokanovic will seek to retain, if adapt, the unique 3-5-2 system deployed by his predecessor.

"A lot of how Slav wants to play and work aligns with our current squad. We've tried to incorporate Chris's style of football as a club - it's pointless the academy playing a completely different way - and we've tried to ensure a culture and football philosophy going forward. We think there's a lot of synergy with Slav.

"It's evolution over revolution. I just don't think revolutions work in the short-term in football.

"If you blow it up, clear out all your key players and totally change the team's philosophy and identity, it takes two, three, four years to come to fruition. You don't get that luxury in football, especially in our position where we've been relegated and we have the desire to go straight back.

Case of seeing how that pans out, I suspect.

4-3-1-2
4-3-3

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what formation any manager uses it's down to winning games of football good luck SJ.

Last edited:
That about the academy playing the same way is absolutely idiotic.

Academies are ultimately about producing individual talent. The odd one or two who can make it to the first team.

They should play in whatever way aids individual development the most.

Any benefits of a player coming into the first team who's used to playing the formation are negligible. What is important is his ability level.

Liverpool were always successful by integrating players into how they played before they appeared in the first team. The U23/U18 are basically reserve sides it wouldn't make sense to have them playing different formations then changing to playing differently in the first team. All about opinions mind.