Slaviska Jokanovic the latest | Page 22 | Vital Football

Slaviska Jokanovic the latest

So according to Bettis we'll be sticking with 3-5-2, the club don't want any players to leave, there will be a focus on the loan market, two Spanish coaches will be joining, the board will be doing the recruiting with Slav having some input, we're looking to integrate more young uns in the team.

"Evolution not Revolution".

Rallying the troops statement at it's best, I'll stick with our owners favourite quote "Actions speak louder than words" and for belt and braces add "You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk". We don't have long to wait for the answer.

So an accountant and board members that have probably never kicked a ball want a say in who we sign. Fuck me, no wonder the games going down the shitter. Surprised PM is still involved with his track record of recommending players.

So an accountant and board members that have probably never kicked a ball want a say in who we sign. Fuck me, no wonder the games going down the shitter. Surprised PM is still involved with his track record of recommending players.

Thats not what they are saying Winnie, and infact its largely the opposite. It will hopefully end the situation where the manager chases a player over four transfer windows, fianlly signs him, and then leaves him playing in the stiffs for whatever reason. Its about 'many eyes' and opinions, but Bettis is quite clear the manager has the final say.

He speaks well, and the whole plan looks coherent and controlled. Again HRH's involvment appears to be measured and reasonable. If this carries on I might upgrade our target finish from 18th to 12th.

Clinging to 3-5-2 like it's the way to retain the best part of Wilder's era is illogical and desperate.

Need to accept that Wilder's time is gone and there won't be any lasting legacy. Forcing 3-5-2 on the new manager won't change that.

We act like it would take a crazy adjustment to the squad to make any other formation viable and that's just wrong.

Clinging to 3-5-2 like it's the way to retain the best part of Wilder's era is illogical and desperate.

Need to accept that Wilder's time is gone and there won't be any lasting legacy. Forcing 3-5-2 on the new manager won't change that.

We act like it would take a crazy adjustment to the squad to make any other formation viable and that's just wrong.
Why would our new gaffer have taken the job if he was being forced to play a system he didn't want Herby? Slavs de man and no one messes with him, well according to Sean he is so i don't see why he'd have signed to be our boss if he wasn't happy with what's going to happen. UTB

I think it's more that Slav is comfortable with that formation whilst, unlike The Omnipotent one also has both a plan B and C in the event Plan A is isn't working.

Why would our new gaffer have taken the job if he was being forced to play a system he didn't want Herby? Slavs de man and no one messes with him, well according to Sean he is so i don't see why he'd have signed to be our boss if he wasn't happy with what's going to happen. UTB
I agree more media BS. Slav will be flexible with the system until he finds one that works with the players we start the season with.

"I think Slav will find he'll have a lot more involvement here than he has had at times previously,” he told Sky Sports. “He's not pushing for that - I think he would have accepted it if we'd have wanted to bring in a director of football and been fine with it but we don't; we want to work with the people we've got. Paul [Mitchell] is key and we want Slav's input and knowledge.”

Let's hope so or we are stuck with Van Winkel, Mitchell and two money men identifying recruitment. Mitchell did sterling work up to the Premier recruitment but it hasn't been great since.The Premiership is the target, staying there may involve a new strategy in recruitment, hopefully that is being explored at the minute.

Its is a very strange preseason with so many clubs sacking their managers before the season ended and then I was expecting them to announce the replacement shortly after the last game of the season or at least before the transfer window opens, but many clubs either hasn't done this or had to announce managers who were not their first choice and leaves the fan base unimpressed or are still looking, WBA seems to be back at square 1 today. So I think we can congratulate the board in getting someone in, in reasonable time and someone who the fan base can get behind.

It bodes very well indeed for Sheffield United that players are falling over themselves to head to Bramall Lane to work with Slavisa Jokanovic.
Jonathan Kodjia and Adlene Guedioura are the latest names linked with the club having both played under Jokanovic at his previous club.

From Yorkshire Live, makes a interesting headline but I think most fans realize it's the players agents trying to tout their clients services, is there any actual truth in it, when and if they sign we will know.