SL on Radio Kent tonight | Vital Football

SL on Radio Kent tonight

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
On The Air with @matthew_gerrard tonight, we’re joined by @TheGillsFC boss Steve Lovell to take questions from supporters. Call 0800 756 1111 to ask him whatever is on your mind. 9-10pm on @BBCRADIOKENT...

Steve greed to do this a while back before form slipped. Hasn't bottled it though so a good chance to hear some honest answers.

I'll be driving then! Can someone ask Steve what the feck he's up to?! lol

Hopefully, there won't be any offensive individuals and some sensible questions might be answered.
Last season's average home gate was c4,800, surprisingly. But, that was down 1,000 on the year before, so there is not a lot of spending money when you look at gate receipts only.

I will be listening. I hope that nobody would think of being offensive as we all know he is a genuine supporter.

If I got through, I think I would just ask him why he thinks our form has nose dived since two impressive performances at the start and also who is responsible for setting us up defensively. Coxy or Patto? - we seem to be so disorganised when the opposition has the ball.

Why did we lose that pre season friendly 5-1 at Colchester with almost a first choice team? Surely alarm bells should have rung then.

If I were him I'd acquire a sudden bad illness and be "regretably unable to attend."

Alternatively iss it by getting stuck in one of the massive traffic jams where the privatised water company is blocking the road yet again and doing f### all about it for days.

I am going to try to tune in. I think its brave of Steve to do. You imagine that most calls will be negative and he will have to field difficult questions regarding lack of investment, pitch, Scally etc. etc. If he is too honest and is seen to criticise the dear leader that might hasten his departure. We all know that Scally doesn't like to be blamed.

I just hope its not all bland "we must do better", "boys are working hard in training", "great bunch of lads" cliches.

I hope he turns it around but if you look beyond this season and focus on 2018 then it really isn't looking likely.

So far he is blaming injuries for the poor run. He thinks our starting XI when all fit is strong, but with 3 or 4 injuries things become “very very difficult.” He refuses to discuss the budget in general.

Well what the hell is he supposed to do? Good luck to him for having the balls to go on in the first place.

And for that matter, I'd say he's handling the questions fairly well and it's nice to see we have an intelligent man in charge, which hasn't always been the case in the recent past.

he dodged the budget questions. our first 11 may be ok but there's no back-up of quality. that's the issue. signing unknowns was a gamble. He also said he does not know if the club get a windfall he does not know if any money will go into the team.

i rang up just after 9 with a question but they have not read it out yet - would he resign or wait to be sacked if we were bottom 4 at xmas.