sky+ | Vital Football

sky+

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
My sky+ isn't working. Its not recording. Ive looked on the website etc and still I cant see what the problem is.... is anyone else having the same issue. Please help me before the sky box meets the wall!!!!

david-avfc - 4/11/2013 19:42

Barney2004 - 4/11/2013 19:40

Yeah ive turned it on and off etc...

Stumped me then. :81:

actually, have you unplugged it and replugged it in?

This. The sky box needs the power lead removing to force a proper reboot - the on/off switch doesn't do it. I think there's also a technique of holding down the 'up' button on the top of the box when powering up - this may force it into reset (but I am only vaguely recalling this bit, so don't complain to me if it deletes all your recordings!)

Turn it off for at least five mins by the mains.

Back in and leave in standby for a minute.

Click TV then sky on remote.

That, they say, re-sets it.

Must admit I've never had a problem ringing sky and I had loads of sky+ box problems! replaced three times! refused a fourth! got a one terabyte instead and touch wood! been far more reliable.

I pay the sky repair monthly insurance thing now due to the previous problems

Cheers mate. I've just done this and now its working. Took the box out... leads out etc and its all re-booted :35:

Bollocks to paying insurance for the box. If my box fails they have a choice, replace it or lose £90 a month. I like sky, but not enough to get shafted by a protection racket.

I have Virgin Media at home, if it breaks they fix it for free I think. As Wurzel said I'm sure they'd prefer to repair the box for free than lose a customer. Virgin media is just as good if not better than sky now, its not like 10 years ago when sky were the only company with all the digital channels

To be fair Wurzel, I've had them go wrong so often, including the lnb on the dish, that it costs me less to insure than it does to pay for repairs. I gave them that sort of ultimatum once, (wouldn't take the 4th box) went through to the cancellation department etc. They didn't take me up on the 'give me a terrabyte machine or I'm off) but then did say how much it would cost to upgrade, think it was £250 ish, and that they could give me sky for 9 months half price to more than compensate me.

Thought it fair enough!