Sky claim, no Alli exit | Vital Football

Sky claim, no Alli exit

Spursex

Alert Team
Dele Alli: Tottenham not looking to offload midfielder in January transfer window

Dele Alli is out of favour under Jose Mourinho and has played just four Premier League games this season; Tottenham expect midfielder to stay and fight for his place; PSG made several offers for Alli in the summer transfer window; Ex-Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino now PSG head coach

Monday 4 January 2021 13:22, UK

Tottenham are not looking to sell or loan out Dele Alli during the January transfer window and expect the midfielder to stay and fight for his place in the team.
Alli has made only four appearances for Spurs in the Premier League this season, and has just two goals and one assist in 11 games in all competitions.

The 24-year-old was the subject of several bids from Paris Saint-Germain - who have just appointed former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino as their new head coach - in the summer window.

But Spurs do not want to allow Alli to leave as they continue to compete in four different competitions.

*Please note, this story was planted and is careful to state that Spurs will not allow his exit.

So it's another Levy v Jose bout. I wonder who will win this one?

*Please note, this story was planted and is careful to state that Spurs will not allow his exit.

So it's another Levy v Jose bout. I wonder who will win this one?
Haha EX another Heavy weight championship fight coming to a screen near you.

This is funny when in the past we have great players who perform and clubs came calling we would sell sell sell and not hold on to them ....Ali is not great so we want to keep him...if it was me I would grab the money and sell him....economic sense before he disappears completely from the radar. Unless insiders think he will suddenly sprout wings and fly ....

This is funny when in the past we have great players who perform and clubs came calling we would sell sell sell and not hold on to them ....Ali is not great so we want to keep him...if it was me I would grab the money and sell him....economic sense before he disappears completely from the radar. Unless insiders think he will suddenly sprout wings and fly ....

I wouldn't believe a word Jose told me even if he said I was on fire and I could see the flames licking up my legs!

When money talks, bullshite walks - especially where Levy is concerned.

Homegrown quota squad issues
January being a bad window for getting deals
Levy wanting top prices for sales
Underperforming quality player = struggle to get good selling price
Ndombele's struggles
Lo celso injuries
Lamela injuries

Despite the strong rumours and hints of underlying issues between Dele and Jose I just don't see him leaving in this window.

Homegrown quota squad issues
January being a bad window for getting deals
Levy wanting top prices for sales
Underperforming quality player = struggle to get good selling price
Ndombele's struggles
Lo celso injuries
Lamela injuries

Despite the strong rumours and hints of underlying issues between Dele and Jose I just don't see him leaving in this window.

Let's hope you're right.

By the way "underperforming quality player" is a little far fetched. He'd have to be allowed on the pitch to be "underperforming" :-)

Refreshing our squad and removing dead wood...thereby fostering positional competition...is dumb, why should we do that. This squad needs no improvement!

Disregard that Goldberg has been a revelation to our team, Vini looks good if we don't loan him out first...poor bastard.

LOL

I’ve always said that it will be a huge mistake to let him go .
He is only 24? .... I think .
An absolutely brilliant footballer .
Recovering from nasty injuries .,

Yes he has struggled , a bit . So did Toby for an age , so did Ndombele , and others .
What we don’t see is what goes on behind closed doors in the Medical rooms . Nor should we .
A fit and able Dele Alli is a wonderful sight on the field . We have missed him .
Giving up on him would be totally wrong .

PSG remain confident that they will be taking Dele on loan.

This is once again a bun fight between Levy who wants him to stay and Jose who wants him out.

Levy won the last fight, so I guess Jose will force this until he gets his way.

PSG remain confident that they will be taking Dele on loan.

This is once again a bun fight between Levy who wants him to stay and Jose who wants him out.

Levy won the last fight, so I guess Jose will force this until he gets his way.
The talk in the media though is for a loan. Even if a hefty loan fee is agreed it won't provide enough funds for Jose to adequately replace him. So what does he (Jose) gain by it?

Let's hope you're right.

By the way "underperforming quality player" is a little far fetched. He'd have to be allowed on the pitch to be "underperforming" :-)

Alli lost his ‘quality’ tag three years ago, he hasn’t been good enough to find it again. Underperforming player no longer warrants automatic selection.

The talk in the media though is for a loan. Even if a hefty loan fee is agreed it won't provide enough funds for Jose to adequately replace him. So what does he (Jose) gain by it?

Ensuring that the overall wage costs don't increase is just as important, making forward commitments (with the vaccine in sight) is now less of a risk, our stadium income (before lockdown was second highest in the land only behind Manure) means that to some extent if you can do never-never deals, then you can probably risk one or two deals within the overall financial landscape.

Ensuring that the overall wage costs don't increase is just as important, making forward commitments (with the vaccine in sight) is now less of a risk, our stadium income (before lockdown was second highest in the land only behind Manure) means that to some extent if you can do never-never deals, then you can probably risk one or two deals within the overall financial landscape.

Here's the word of caution though.

1st team rollup on the official website - 29 players plus 4 on loan. That 29 includes the 3 loaned in the other way. Doesn't even include White.
U23's squad - includes Tracey, Georgiou, Sterling, Roles etc all of which are closer to 23 years old at this point.

There's been occasions in the past where it's got out of control e.g. when Poch first joined and had to remove 30-35 senior pros in 2 summers.

I'm not saying it is high risk yet, but I think it is fair that Levy should demand that Mourinho puts tight controls on the greater squad size. None of this "out of sight, out of mind" mentality we've seen in the past from guys like Harry. We need the U18's to have a clear path to the U23's and accelerated into the first team setup and we need to be ruthless with the deadwood that sits ahead of them. If Mourinho can demonstrate that he's doing that then he gets to use the transfer kitty.

I have my reservations that Mourinho will fully embrace what it means to be a Spurs manager.

What I don't get is...if we want to hang onto players...then why the shit are they not getting play time...even cup ties!!? Same goes for Vini...and others...

What I don't get is...if we want to hang onto players...then why the shit are they not getting play time...even cup ties!!? Same goes for Vini...and others...

The squad is big enough now that perhaps Jose thinks can scrap into a Top4 place - but the cups are where he'll win all the accolades (again), so perhaps he's changed the board's priorities, at least without them knowing.

His sub behaviour in the cup competitions has made no sense to me, what really was the point of giving Vini 5-6 mins at the end, he's not a youngster trying to get some mins under his belt he was a top class goal scorer and seen as one of the very best in Portugal.