Sky Championship Predictions 16/17 | Vital Football

Sky Championship Predictions 16/17

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Have a look at this, Ian Holloway has us relegated!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10518090/ian-holloways-championship-table-prediction-aston-villa-could-go-down-again

Pin this on the dressing room wall please Deano.

Did Holloway actually stop studying football the minute he got his punditry / court jester contract at Sky?

Some of the analysis here is way off and his Brentford comments defy belief, we've had a whole season since Warburton & Gray left, one in which we overcame a ton of adversity and finished 9th. We've not lost too many and have arguably strengthened the squad, sure it'll be a tougher division but even a pessimistic outlook would have us mid to lower mid table. He may end up being right but deffo not based on logic or the evidence if he chose to look for any..

Maybe the lackluster pre season and stuff like this is good for all Bees fans, just to get our sense of perspective. Need to get behind the club and the boys and roar them on - every point is hard earned in this league.

Holloway had to make up a table and superficially we an easy choice I guess given resources etc. It shows that these pundits base their predictions on money etc. without looking beneath that.

On the face of it we have not made any big money signings, lost Judge, have little money (e.g. had to get rid of the academy) and are looking for bargain basement signings. A little more diligence might reveal we are working far more astutely than that and certainly more than many of our competitors.

I wouldn't get too worked up by a pundit/ media commentator who is looking to upset as few people as possible so picks on the smaller clubs to be relegated.

Kentbee - 2/8/2016 12:04

I wouldn't get too worked up by a pundit/ media commentator who is looking to upset as few people as possible so picks on the smaller clubs to be relegated.

Which is the complete opposite of most shockjock type pundits who try to upset as many people as possible!

Maybe not worked up, but these people do need challenging on their views.

The media world has changed, almost anyone is now effectively a publisher with access to social media, and inaccurate info about our club has been damaging.

In Holloway's case it is more innocent I know, basically he's enjoying the Sky junket too much and just hasn't done his homework. some of the stuff from Wilkins, Gayle, Redknapp, Cottee, Durham, Samuels & co had a nastier side to it.

Fortunately MB won't fall into the same trap as Villa's new owner, best way to shut em up is to go out and beat all these so called big clubs.

Anyway the prediction wont do us any harm, it gets everyone grounded and in the us against the world mind set, so maybe it will ultimately help us.

The whole prediction thing is just a farce to try and drum up interest in the start of the season for Sky, and is pretty meaningless