Sjoke 3 points ? | Vital Football

Sjoke 3 points ?

Hampton

Vital Football Hero
Hoping for a footballing approach Weds.
Stoke are in awful form, good players but struggling to adapt to new managers system.
Watched their game v WBA last night and they were poor with fans booing them off. Little confidence defending and shocking set pieces as both ends.
We should be rubbing our hands together.

Heart says it will be a repeat performance as Villa.
Head says it will be a repeat performance as Rotherham.
Going for 1-1 which will be accetable.

I reckon we'll win 2-0. Clarke and Windass. We'll score a goal early on and then score around the 80th minute to finish it off.

I reckon we'll win 2-0. Clarke and Windass. We'll score a goal early on and then score around the 80th minute to finish it off.
It's going to be like a morge on Wednesday so hopefully the 6 or thousand Latics fans can create some kind of atmosphere to echo around New Springfield. 1-0 Latics.

After the poor display and wasted opportunity against Rotherham we need 3 points in this now to avoid doing what we did in our last good run of fixtures and only getting something like 1 win from 4 easy fixtures.

If we don't get wins against Stoke and Ipswich in our next 2 we go into another tougher run and we won't pick up an away win so it leaves us with so few games we can realistically get points in.

It has to be 6 points in the next two or relegation will be breathing down our neck.

It's going to be like a morge on Wednesday so hopefully the 6 or thousand Latics fans can create some kind of atmosphere to echo around New Springfield. 1-0 Latics.
Night games are always a good buzzy atmosphere so hopefully that will offset any reduction in attendance.
Be interesting to see how many stoke bring as they're not playing well and the lovely red button is available !

Night games are always a good buzzy atmosphere so hopefully that will offset any reduction in attendance.
Be interesting to see how many stoke bring as they're not playing well and the lovely red button is available !
Would expect less than 1000.

Stoke have sold 1500, also looks like Charlie Adam is in line to play - hope theres no repeat of his performance for Blackpool against us ?

It has to be 6 points in the next two? Thats not true 4 points in the next two would be more than satisfactory and would leave us further from the relegation zone than we are now almost certainly.

Fancy us to possibly lose this with the sad news today. Plus no doubt Stoke will change things around for the better after losing their last few. Unfortunately McClean will likely be benched which will make them stronger. Plus as said above Adam is back fit and he’s been their best player since coming back into the fold post Rowett.

Quick warning, I’m not sure that it extended to on here but I seem to remember a few fans getting into a hissyfit online at Lampard’s FT celebrations when Derby beat us. Well if you were one of those, I strongly advise that you make a quick exit should Stoke win because Nathan Jones’ FT celebrations makes Lampard look like Bielsa in comparison.

Think I remember we played Stoke first game after Stanley Matthews passing as well - strange coincidence !

Didn't see their game Saturday but saw Jones post match interview and he looked a man under pressure all ready. Very furtive, eyes all over the place, tension in his voice. Clearly things aren't going to plan and as a low key manager he maybe struggling for respect in the sjoke dressing room with all the relative big names for this level. Wouldn't like to put it on the coupon, you could make a convincing argument for all three results.

Fancy us to possibly lose this with the sad news today. Plus no doubt Stoke will change things around for the better after losing their last few. Unfortunately McClean will likely be benched which will make them stronger. Plus as said above Adam is back fit and he’s been their best player since coming back into the fold post Rowett.

Quick warning, I’m not sure that it extended to on here but I seem to remember a few fans getting into a hissyfit online at Lampard’s FT celebrations when Derby beat us. Well if you were one of those, I strongly advise that you make a quick exit should Stoke win because Nathan Jones’ FT celebrations makes Lampard look like Bielsa in comparison.

Not sure where you got the impression that Adam has been their best player since Rowett as his only appearance was against Shrewsbury in the cup which didnt end well!,and the game against Leeds which was said by Potters fans to be Average!

Didn't see their game Saturday but saw Jones post match interview and he looked a man under pressure all ready. Very furtive, eyes all over the place, tension in his voice. Clearly things aren't going to plan and as a low key manager he maybe struggling for respect in the sjoke dressing room with all the relative big names for this level. Wouldn't like to put it on the coupon, you could make a convincing argument for all three results.
According to my Stokie friend that’s exactly the case, dressing room full of big egos and wages who don’t give a toss and aren’t fit enough to adapt to how he wants to play. Jones has already begun trying to weasel them out, not playing Ince for example. If he gets the summer and manages to offload them all (a tough ask) and get his own players then he should sort it out as he’s a good manager. Stoke fans won’t turn on him immediately as he’s one of those managers that shows bucketloads of passion and endears himself to them with his celebrations.

Not sure where you got the impression that Adam has been their best player since Rowett as his only appearance was against Shrewsbury in the cup which didnt end well!,and the game against Leeds which was said by Potters fans to be Average!
Not my opinion. You forgot Leeds by the way.

According to my Stokie friend that’s exactly the case, dressing room full of big egos and wages who don’t give a toss and aren’t fit enough to adapt to how he wants to play. Jones has already begun trying to weasel them out, not playing Ince for example. If he gets the summer and manages to offload them all (a tough ask) and get his own players then he should sort it out as he’s a good manager. Stoke fans won’t turn on him immediately as he’s one of those managers that shows bucketloads of passion and endears himself to them with his celebrations.

Not my opinion. You forgot Leeds by the way.
No i mentioned Leeds,and yes it is your opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoke have sold 1500, also looks like Charlie Adam is in line to play - hope theres no repeat of his performance for Blackpool against us ?
1500 + is far more than I expected so there's a few bonus 25 quids. 3 points to us and nothing less should be expected.