Site Rules | Page 5 | Vital Football

Site Rules

Yes, I agree with that, MM.

I don't think I'd have contacted Trading Standards but I would have, like you, quit the job and told the boss exactly why I considered him to be a ***.

How would your conscience be clear though, given you've taken no steps to stop the individual and company from continuing their potentially nefarious working practices?

' Much of what VG posts I would disagree with in the strongest possible terms. Nothing he has posted has come remotely close to warranting reporting him or shutting him down, plus reporting encourages others to do the same. After all, there's a chap on here who maintains that all property is theft and that illegal violence is justified on occasions. I want to hear why people -who I assume are pretty much like me- think the way they do. I might learn something.'

I respect your opinion Jokerman , you have amendments protecting free speech over there in the States.
Too many snowflakes in the UK , who have perfected the art of being offended by anything they don't agree with.

You’ve said some laughable things recently Buddha but that just about takes the biscuit. ‘I’m alright Jack’.

Those who stand idly by while others commit wrongs against others are complicit in the wrongdoing themselves. No wait, you’d have called someone a **** - that would at least have made you feel better.

So from those comments am I to take it that whenever you're aware of wrongdoing you get involved? You must be a saint or a right busybody. Either that or you're just full of shoite.

And I didn't say I'd simply call him a ***, but you can misquote me if you like, nibbles, it wouldn't be the first time.

After all, there's a chap on here who maintains that all property is theft and that illegal violence is justified on occasions.

Sounds like the chap you're referring to might be an anarchist. A few years ago the MET wanted people to grass up anarchists:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/jul/31/westminster-police-anarchist-whistleblower-advice

Only problem with that was it aint a crime (yet) in this country to have political beliefs. That's why they had to retract it the very next day:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/aug/01/grass-war-met-police-anarchists

After all, there's a chap on here who maintains that all property is theft.

If you are talking about me, and I suspect that you might be, I ought to put you right - I've never maintained that all property is theft. I do understand the argument though, and have some sympathy for it. Reckon you may well have read this before but others might not have. It was written close to 200 hundred years ago but it's still as relevant as it was then:

"If I were to ask the question: what is slavery? and I should answer in one word, it is murder, my meaning would be understood at once. No extended argument would be required to show that the power to take from a man his thought, his will, his personality, is a power of life and death; and that to enslave a man is to kill him. Why then, to this other question: what is property? may I not likewise answer, it is robbery, without the certainty of being misunderstood?; the second proposition being no other than a transformation of the first?"

Come on then, if you want to talk theory, someone give me a decent answer to Pierre-Joseph Proudhon's very reasonable question....

Have you heard happy talk by captain sensible? In the second verse there's a line that says talk about things you like to do. Wonderful.

I don't think I'd have contacted Trading Standards but I would have, like you, quit the job and told the boss exactly why I considered him to be a ****

Unfortunately as others have said that doesn’t help anyone does it?

You walk out and call the boss a rude name. Wow, that’ll teach him!

He then fills your vacant chair and phone with somebody new and couldn’t give a shit as he’s still running his profitable, illegally practising business.

The better thing to do in this case is grass (I prefer the term ‘notify the correct authority) to prevent him living off other people’s misery.

So from those comments am I to take it that whenever you're aware of wrongdoing you get involved? You must be a saint or a right busybody. Either that or you're just full of shoite.

And I didn't say I'd simply call him a ***, but you can misquote me if you like, nibbles, it wouldn't be the first time.

No Buddha, you are thinking in binary. It’s not a case of being either ‘someone who never does anything’ or ‘someone who always gets involved’. In the real world, most of us manage to strike a happy medium somewhere in between.

If you are talking about me, and I suspect that you might be, I ought to put you right - I've never maintained that all property is theft. I do understand the argument though, and have some sympathy for it. Reckon you may well have read this before but others might not have. It was written close to 200 hundred years ago but it's still as relevant as it was then:

"If I were to ask the question: what is slavery? and I should answer in one word, it is murder, my meaning would be understood at once. No extended argument would be required to show that the power to take from a man his thought, his will, his personality, is a power of life and death; and that to enslave a man is to kill him. Why then, to this other question: what is property? may I not likewise answer, it is robbery, without the certainty of being misunderstood?; the second proposition being no other than a transformation of the first?"

Come on then, if you want to talk theory, someone give me a decent answer to Pierre-Joseph Proudhon's very reasonable question....

Well, slavery isn’t murder for a start. Think that’s where it started going wrong :silly:

Unfortunately as others have said that doesn’t help anyone does it?

You walk out and call the boss a rude name. Wow, that’ll teach him!

He then fills your vacant chair and phone with somebody new and couldn’t give a shit as he’s still running his profitable, illegally practising business.

The better thing to do in this case is grass (I prefer the term ‘notify the correct authority) to prevent him living off other people’s misery.

It's sounds like I'm on my own with this one then. Oh well, in that case I'd have no need to worry about him livng off of other people's misery as clearly some other more virtuous fcker than I would grass him up soon enough anyway!

Sounds like you're failing to read things properly, once again. And you're quoting out of context, again.

No Buddha, I’m just reading it differently to you. If you find Proudhon’s argument convincing it’s not hard to see how you can be persuaded that turning a blind eye to wrongdoing is a good life philosophy.

Have you heard happy talk by captain sensible? In the second verse there's a line that says talk about things you like to do. Wonderful.

Yes, I have heard it. Fcking stupid, albeit quite catchy, song. Thought it was a bit a sell out really.

No Buddha, I’m just reading it differently to you. If you find Proudhon’s argument convincing it’s not hard to see how you can be persuaded that turning a blind eye to wrongdoing is a good life philosophy.

Depends on who defines 'wrongdoing' though, doesn't it.

If you can't understand how slavery can be equated with murder I don't reckon I'd place much value in your definition of 'wrongdoing'. Have you ever read anything about the ships the slaves were transported on? Did you know that the slaves, if they got the opportunity, would throw themselves overboard because that was a better option than a life of servitude?

Depends on who defines 'wrongdoing' though, doesn't it.

Well in the example given you agreed it was wrongdoing but as it didn’t affect you ‘why get involved?’. Or am I misquoting you again?

I can see a link between slavery and murder Buddha, but to claim slavery is murder as fact and by virtue of that x must be true is a bit far fetched for me. I suspect the same is true for you and you are playing devil’s advocate given your previous comments.

I'm with Nibbles. Slavery is not murder any more than imprisonment is. Just ask most people which they would prefer inflicted on them. Murder closes down all possibilities in the way the others do not.

Not sure of the argument, therefore. A better case surely is Rousseau's when he said that it all went downhill once the first ****** put a fence around something and called it "mine" and the first mugs bought it.