Site Rules | Vital Football

Site Rules

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Where has this all come from?

No right to reply?

Excessive swearing? What the fudge is that all about? What counts as swearing? Who decides?

Text speak?! I don't particularly like or approve of text speak but why on earth can't someone use it if they want to?

There were other things I took exception to but I can't remember, I'd have to take another look. Oh yeah, arguing?!

Dunno where this has come from?! We've spent years arguing and swearing, and now we're told we can't?!

AK, think you might have to find us all another forum. One where we can self-police and not be subject to a load of silly rules.

Threats of being banned?! FFS! (Is that swearing? Who decides?)

I ask again, where has this all come from and why no right to reply? Will I be banned?

Some people on here wont like my views. There are some people on here whose views I don't like. But I think most of us will agree that the only one who should ever be banned is the one who fcked (oops another naught swear word!) up the site we were on before.

I thought this board was ok cos we were left to our own devices. This 'Site Rules' post with no right to reply is very ominous. The stuff about copyright or other legal stuff is understandable, but if we're not breaking any laws, then what is the problem? Has somebody made a complaint?

Rules, rules, rules. Hairy gonads to them. We don't need rules, we just need respect. But we knew that already.

Last edited:
Just a tad OTT mate. They're pretty obviously there to keep Vital's nose clean in case anyone decides to bring legal complaints about the content of the board to them. They can just point at the rules sitting top and middle of the board, and therefore pass the buck on to the original poster.

As for the content stuff, firstly we pretty much meet all the criteria anyway, and secondly, I'd only start worrying if and when they started enforcing things, as that's when we'd all jump ship and find another board again.

LOL

I did find the rules completely unnecessary.

However, I suspect it is a mere box-ticking exercise to protect their own backs, which I think is fair enough.

If you've got a problem with that, PM me!:grinning:

Oh well, if you're right and it's all just lip-service and not for real, I can live with that.

But if it's not just lip-service you're right, we will have to jump ship again.

Where has this all come from?

No right to reply?

Excessive swearing? What the fudge is that all about? What counts as swearing? Who decides?

Text speak?! I don't particularly like or approve of text speak but why on earth can't someone use it if they want to?

There were other things I took exception to but I can't remember, I'd have to take another look. Oh yeah, arguing?!

Dunno where this has come from?! We've spent years arguing and swearing, and now we're told we can't?!

AK, think you might have to find us all another forum. One where we can self-police and not be subject to a load of silly rules.

Threats of being banned?! FFS! (Is that swearing? Who decides?)

I ask again, where has this all come from and why no right to reply. Will I be banned?

Some people on here wont like my views. There are some people on here whose views I don't like. But I think most of us will agree that the only one who should ever be banned is the one who fcked (oops another naught swear word!) up the site we were on before.

I thought this board was ok cos we were left to our own devices. This 'Site Rules' post with no right to reply is very ominous. The stuff about copyright or other legal stuff is understandable, but if we're not breaking any laws, then what is the problem? Has somebody made a complaint?

Rules, rules, rules. Hairy gonads to them. We don't need rules, we just need respect. But we knew that already.
have new rules been issued?

The admins monitor on the basis of posts being reported so as long as people agree on what is considered reasonable language then there shouldn't be an issue.

Most likely they have had issues on other teams' boards and so they are issuing a network wide warning rather than at this forum specifically. My guess is that on other threads some of the language and behaviour is bordering on unacceptable spamming and they felt the need to raise a warning before using the ban hammer.

They certainly haven't banned having a good old fashioned row. I came back to the site to find a1,000+ (that's one thousand plus!!) post argument on Brexit. Nearly made me lose the will!

Yeah, I read them as part disclaimer and part etiquette wishes. The admin and higher ups seem to leave ourselves to ourselves so I’m not bothered.

Someone did shop VG though.

Actually, I think the people who do the WORK of maintaining the site and taking responsibility for it, operate with an impressively light touch -and credit to them.

Nothing to see here. Nothing out of the ordinary in those 'rules'. Not that we have had to be picked upon anything, really.

They don't say no swearing. Just no excessive swearing. Makes sense. Dotn think anyone wants anyone on here calling people ****** left right and centre for no reason.

Don't think they'll be monitoring either, just rely upon people reporting. We've had no issues and have been able to self police very well on here. Long may it continue.

Is there a swearing filter on here now or not? Sure there wasn't one to start with, then Buddha (I think) was complaining a while ago that it seemed to have been turned on, and now you've just typed ****** without any problems.

Edit - just tested with all the usual swear words, and no filter, did I imagine it that it was turned on for a while?

Someone did shop VG though.

Actually, I think the people who do the WORK of maintaining the site and taking responsibility for it, operate with an impressively light touch -and credit to them.

You're right mate , someone did shop me.
I got a warning , but obviously didn't take enough notice , commited a similar offence and got banned for a fortnight.

Freedom of speech , no censorship ??

What's worse then, a fascist or a grass?

I'm not sure I know, I regard each with utter contempt.

Valencia's views are abhorrent and must be continually challenged until such time that he either changes his opinions or decides to fuck off but whoever shopped him is a spineless ****. I doubt very much that the culprit will put his hands up, more likely they'll now shop me for excessive swearing? Whoever it was should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited: