Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

I listened to Durham on talk sport today partly to hear him have to praise us. But he also suggested Spurs and Liverpool have an unsung hero each.

I suspected ours would be Sissoko but he is not unsung because his name is sung from the stands. They were saying what a revelation he has been this season as if he has come from no where. But he played a lot of games last season too, covering injuries mainly. He performed at a reasonable level with consistent 6 and 7 ratings.

True he has raised that level again this season, it could be argued he is pretty much a cert to play in big games.

Poch mentioned his value in transition from defence to attack and that caused City problem last night but not just through Sissoko. The speed at which we moved forward has been mentioned as one reason City were nervous.

I can't believe how wrong I was about this guy, I really wanted him gone. He's rapidly becoming one of my favorite player.

Bluecollar grinder. All heart and effort. Yeah can't shoot, but I will let that slide.

I am starting to wonder if he could be our DM? Sissoko just stay back, run around and cause havok. Don't worry about going forward and attacking...yep kind of sounds like him. (still think we need another DM though)

All in all, he is my player of the season...and by a large margin.

Bluecollar grinder. All heart and effort. Yeah can't shoot, but I will let that slide.

I am starting to wonder if he could be our DM? Sissoko just stay back, run around and cause havok. Don't worry about going forward and attacking...yep kind of sounds like him. (still think we need another DM though)

Still Jan for me. Followed closely by Son then Sissoko.

Moura could have been

He’s become THAT good that he would be wasted playing solely as a DMF.
Most of our breaks and forward play comes either from him or through him!

I just wish in training sessions they would get Sissoko to pracrice shooting for hours on end...so that when he has a chance he does not need to think about it, cos when he thinks he blazes ...

I just wish in training sessions they would get Sissoko to pracrice shooting for hours on end...so that when he has a chance he does not need to think about it, cos when he thinks he blazes ...
So how do you think he has got as close as he does now . Poor bloke IS out there for ever . Only good side of it is , is that we don’t actually need a goalkeeper (or a goal for that matter , ) tied up for hours on end while he practises.
The academy players that spot the ball for him are among the fittest in the history of the club .

Walthy latest improvement at the training ground is the erection of a wall as high as the stadium so that he can practice hitting the ball under the roof as a starter for ten...then they will progressively deconstruct it to become smaller and smaller until he has no option but to hit the target..the goal

The perception is he has come from nowhere this season but I think he did pretty well last season. He played a lot of games covering injuries to Winks and Dembele etc.

The perception is he has come from nowhere this season but I think he did pretty well last season. He played a lot of games covering injuries to Winks and Dembele etc.

He showed in some games last year and played shite in a few others and still looked like he couldn't control a ball or his feet in many of them.

But it was enough to be encouraged; and thankfully so as it's now finally paying off - he's magnificant for much of this season and he's come good as Victor hasn't been in his way this season.

It's a huge relief as I was convinced in his first two seasons we'd bought another non-starter.

All credit to him, long may it continue.

Absolute starter in every game now, I am delighted to be proven wrong about him and am gorging on huge amounts of humble pie. Pace,Power,drives the game forward. I didn't even blame him for his miss against Liverpiss,as he is not a goalscorer, I was just disappointed the chance didn't fall to one of our 4 musketeers. Delighted with his attitude and the way he has worked hard to be what he is for us now, undroppable.

He’s become THAT good that he would be wasted playing solely as a DMF.
Most of our breaks and forward play comes either from him or through him!

He is fulfilling the very attributes I had anticipated before we signed him. After a sticky start, it is good to see him fulfil his capabilities.