Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

He's probably correct.

He is correct, it's why CB's often have much longer careers at the highest levels compared to other positions. Generally, they're not putting in as many intensive sprints in a game, nor being required to cover much ground, often they have the lowest distance covered stats in a team.

These differences collectively often mean that statistically they have far less long term injuries (apart from head injuries) that other positional players - and that's why their values can remain stubbonly high even when they push through the 30's barrier - as they may still have another 5 or even 6 seasons in them.

"BBC reporter James Burford interviewed Mauricio Pochettino on Wednesday and the Spurs boss confirmed that Sissoko's injury is not serious and while he is unlikely to be fit for the Premier League game at Fulham on Sunday, he is expected to be fit for the games following, which include the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg at Chelsea."

"BBC reporter James Burford interviewed Mauricio Pochettino on Wednesday and the Spurs boss confirmed that Sissoko's injury is not serious and while he is unlikely to be fit for the Premier League game at Fulham on Sunday, he is expected to be fit for the games following, which include the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg at Chelsea."

If he’s pulled a muscle there is no way he’s properly fit for Chelsea.

He will Be out for a month I imagine

There are a few conflicting rumours on his return date, some suggest he may only miss the Fulham game. I would like to believe but don't.

It's a groin injury, even a small strain/tiny tear can cause problems way beyond what the doctors best guess(es) are.

A week could easily turn into 2, 3, 4 or more...

There are a few conflicting rumours on his return date, some suggest he may only miss the Fulham game. I would like to believe but don't.

That's because Poch loves to give optimistic assessments. He's (probably deliberately) rubbish at communicating injury issues.

2 weeks apparently being estimated for Sissoko. Dier in full training , Wanyama being eased into training . Some glint of light from the dark clouds above our MF.

2 weeks apparently being estimated for Sissoko. Dier in full training , Wanyama being eased into training . Some glint of light from the dark clouds above our MF.

Dier will be fine. He rarely gets injured. Sadly for Wana we can't rely on him. 2 seasons of breaking down.

Dier will be fine. He rarely gets injured. Sadly for Wana we can't rely on him. 2 seasons of breaking down.

What exactly has been the issue with Big Vic ?

As you say it's 2 seasons of nothing really from him, should he have gone to China as well as Moose ?

What exactly has been the issue with Big Vic ?

As you say it's 2 seasons of nothing really from him, should he have gone to China as well as Moose ?

Knee issues. He looks finished to me. Which is a shame as he was a beast.

We have a habit of breaking our DM's. We fooked Sandro as well.

Knee issues. He looks finished to me. Which is a shame as he was a beast.

We have a habit of breaking our DM's. We fooked Sandro as well.

So as Ex reckons Moose has been finished for nearly 2 seasons and Big Vic is also finished, why didn't we get 2 new MF's in in the Summer ?

We have Dier, Winks, Sissoko and Skipp and clearly tried if Ex is right for Gomes and we know we definitely tried for Grealish.