Sissoko / Spurs not giving up on coming second... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sissoko / Spurs not giving up on coming second...

I certainly don't want to lose Wana or Winks. However we can't keep carrying players. It holds the club back. Sometimes you have to be ruthless. Fingers crossed both are able to get over their injury problems.

Look at the Lamela situation over the last two seasons? It really did cost us points. We have waited and waited for him to come back from injury after injury and IMO for an average return. One good season in five is nowhere near good enough. I hope Lucas is his replacement.

Then we can add another AM and striker in the summer. One thing we can't do is keep relying on Alli, Eriksen and Kane.

I certainly don't want to lose Wana or Winks. However we can't keep carrying players. It holds the club back. Sometimes you have to be ruthless. Fingers crossed both are able to get over their injury problems.

Look at the Lamela situation over the last two seasons? It really did cost us points. We have waited and waited for him to come back from injury after injury and IMO for an average return. One good season in five is nowhere near good enough. I hope Lucas is his replacement.

Then we can add another AM and striker in the summer. One thing we can't do is keep relying on Alli, Eriksen and Kane.

RD I completely understand your points on Lamela and they are very valid , it's just that when we bought him I saw a raw , very talented and exciting young footballer , ready to tear the PL apart . Then we learned he wasn't cutting it because of this back/ pelvis problem and we never saw him again for virtually two years .
I completely agree with you about the average return so far , but I have seen signs that his injuries are behind him and his confidence returning . What I would love is to see that player we believed we had signed , actually tear up the PL.
What I would hate is for him to do really well for someone else after we put in all the rehab.
I wouldn't want all the decision making on my shoulders , decisions that cost millions either way , sell or keep

I’ve been beating this drum since his dreadful first season, it was clear Lamela wasn’t going to be good enough. The forerunner of Sissoko at Spurs. Average into his fifth season is the best we can expect, he doesn’t have what is needed to be any better. I cannot fathom why we still keep going around the same revolving door with him. Depressing.

He's right, they've not given up on finishing 2nd, they've given up on finishing anywhere in the top 4 lol.

TBH who cares about this top4 apart from ENIC ?

As supporters we would still be without a trophy as usual, and the Summer transfer window would be exactly the same for us supporters, nothing happening for months while everyone else is buying, then we get some cheap crap at the end.

Just put some perspective on it, CL or no CL, we don't ever buy anyone who would ever make a difference and we don't ever win anything, thanks ENIC, I just luurve the real estate you have brought to this club.:tophat:

Last edited:
We have to keep getting CL and competing for trophies. We have to be patient and wait for increased revenue from the stadium. We don't buy success we build it. It's no good getting frustrated over big money clubs winning things. We are over achieving .

We have to keep getting CL and competing for trophies. We have to be patient and wait for increased revenue from the stadium. We don't buy success we build it. It's no good getting frustrated over big money clubs winning things. We are over achieving .

Sorry Nick, 2 trophies in over twenty years for Tottenham Hotspur FC is grossly underachieving by the previous standards set.

And all this wait another 5, 10 , 20 years or eternity till we can be expected to actually win anything is just Levy and ENIC bullshit, which has been digested and regurgitated in nauseating fashion by normal supporters who don't actually have a financial gain to make from this most boring period of the club's history, unlike the shyster owners.

The over achieving is over the last few seasons.

They overachieved last season in the league. This season, I’d say we have easily the fourth or fifth best squad in the league, placing fourth isn’t overachieving but in the CL group stages they did.
It’s a bit silly for a manager of an fc with one of the best squads (and yes, he deserves part of the credit for this) competing for four major trophies each season, having had four seasons, and not won any of the 16 trophies for which we were competing- to boast about overachieving. Is it fair to say doing so is a bit tonedeaf considering all the disappointed fans who thought this could be the year we got very nearly or even all the way in the CL like L’pool (not calling them piss as they are a fantastic attacking side) or winning the FA cup?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are above the chavs who have a far more expensive team, could still finish above pool ditto and have amassed points inline or better than them. That's over achieving IMO.

I wouldn't sell Sissoko unless we get a big money offer. He has done his job this season even though not really used to his strengths. With Winks in the balance and Dembele on the wain we need players who can do a job in MF, we also need a pace option.

Big money? Yeah because he has earned that right hey NRD. Average return equals average money.
Doesn't matter what right he has earned. It's what other clubs see in him for their own needs. If we get our money back it's big money as most think we overpaid.