Sissoko off to Qatar as well..? | Vital Football

Sissoko off to Qatar as well..?

Spursex

Alert Team
Talk of Sissoko heading to Qatar seems to be gaining credibility.

Again, if it proves true, I have to say I'm surprised, as I thought he'd probably prefer to head back to France based on what he's said previously. I know earnings will be tax-free, but it's also clear they're prepared to pay big bucks.

Can only think that they're chucking all this cash about to make it look like they really are serious about football before the World cup..

I guess they're going to have some incredible new stadiums to fill once it's over.

Talk of Sissoko heading to Qatar seems to be gaining credibility.

Again, if it proves true, I have to say I'm surprised, as I thought he'd probably prefer to head back to France based on what he's said previously. I know earnings will be tax-free, but it's also clear they're prepared to pay big bucks.

Can only think that they're chucking all this cash about to make it look like they really are serious about football before the World cup..

I guess they're going to have some incredible new stadiums to fill once it's over.

Take Braindead ewith him pleez!

I was going to say this is the only way Sissoko will get to play in Qatar. Then I remembered he tricked his way into Deschamp's Euro squad, and the WC is only 18 months away.

I'll take the normal fee of £13m that we get for our deadwood.

Paratici must have some pretty good contacts in Qatar.

Same as Toby, its a good opportunity for a last money-grab.

Anyone got a link for this as I've seen no mummerings. I'm concerned it's just wishful thinking.

Only The Times from what I can see by a quick search:

It's from Gary Jacob their chief football writer

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...e-to-chelsea-over-tottenham-hotspur-mjk2ct3x2

At the end it says:

Toby Alderweireld has left Tottenham Hotspur and joined Al-Duhail SC, the Qatari side, for £3 million. The centre back made 236 appearances for Tottenham in six years after he joined from Atletico Madrid in 2015. He could be followed from Spurs to the Middle East by the midfielder, Moussa Sissoko.

There are times when you think, he's cracked it, then you watch him fir another 5 mins and you have to wonder how he ever made it as a pro this far without learning anything.

I still have barcode friends who take this piss., I have no answers.
I have to confess I was one of the few who was quite pleased with his signing. I thought I'd seen enough glimpses of him at Newcastle and Toulouse to suggest at a club like ours, with better footballers around him, he'd really step up. But in reality his assets are/were his strength and speed. I can't think of many (any?) other footballers in the PL who have such poor technique. And I can't think of a signing we've made - relative to their transfer fee - that I've been more disappointed with.

I have to confess I was one of the few who was quite pleased with his signing. I thought I'd seen enough glimpses of him at Newcastle and Toulouse to suggest at a club like ours, with better footballers around him, he'd really step up. But in reality his assets are/were his strength and speed. I can't think of many (any?) other footballers in the PL who have such poor technique. And I can't think of a signing we've made - relative to their transfer fee - that I've been more disappointed with.

So before that....

Around the time we bought Scotty Parker, I wanted Cheick Tiote. For me he was the one that eventually made Sissoko look good at Newcastle and had replaced Scotty in that centre midfield after he went to West Ham. After 7 years, he left Newcastle in 2017 for China and died tragically with a cardiac arrest.

I never rated Sissoko though.

So before that....

Around the time we bought Scotty Parker, I wanted Cheick Tiote. For me he was the one that eventually made Sissoko look good at Newcastle and had replaced Scotty in that centre midfield after he went to West Ham. After 7 years, he left Newcastle in 2017 for China and died tragically with a cardiac arrest.

I never rated Sissoko though.

He was an animal. Similar to Wana.

I have always been wary of a football player that can't control the ball and can't pass.
If I remember correctly a certain French magician we had said once in an interview about English players....
Quote...They cannot control the ball at their feet it's always about a yard away, thus giving their opponent a chance to nick the ball, plus because of this they are under pressure instantly so affecting their passing.

I think that can be said about many from different countries today lol!