sirdennis Stratford Marathon - Help Acorns?! | Vital Football

sirdennis Stratford Marathon - Help Acorns?!

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Piggy backing on sirdennis (not literally, that would just be silly) who is running the Stratford Marathon on the 28th April.

Maybe a small donation to:

Http://Www.justgiving.co.uk/vitalvilla

Be nice to get to the £5500 target.

Yes, close now, I'll top it up to tip the target and then probably time to lay it to rest, at least for a while.

lol @sirdennis

Not sure Jim. I did want to go for more but it really has dried up, done a good few articles in the last 6 months with no response at all. I guess people are probably sick of everyone coming at all angles asking for money.

I must admit, with the text thing I sent up, which could be as low as £1 and no network charge, with the amount of visitors we get here (in a good month, at least 3 times Villa Park attendance is the way I look at it!) I thought we'd be able to go for £20k or whatever. But hardly anyone at all used it.

So might rest it a while then start again perhaps.

I never go to the front page - from a link on my favorites I come straight to the forum, and to be fair I could save more time by coming straight to the Witton lane forum, so I am as guilty as anyone.

Also, it would be annoying to have constant fundraising threads within the forum.

I always put a quid or two in the buckets on a matchday, and Acorns do very well out the Villa. So one way or another they are raising funds and that's the main thing.

Agreed. Just think after all the pushing etc, it is time to just rest up a while and then see.

£5500 is bloody good really, proud of that and everyone who has contributed over the last few years.

Possibly next time we can think of a sponsored something or other to raise more.

I was going to do a sponsored brain op if it had been necessary last year. If the syrinx was back I was going to go for it as the most bizarre sponsorship thing ever (then again, I was also having the decision as to whether I'd actually have another one to be fair!!!)

OK Mr Fear did 20 earlier in the week but as there is only 30 left have just done half of it, so 15 to go if someone wants to match that you can decide whether to wrap it up or not. And best of luck sirdennis.

Wow, you are now amongst my very favourites astonion!

I'll donate the rest and £5500 it is.

:30: :30: :30: :30: