Sir Dennis & Any Other U2 Fan | Vital Football

Sir Dennis & Any Other U2 Fan

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
as per title, if you aren't a fan, no need to worry about posting.

:14:

[youtube=TJlJjI6gZMA]

It was supposed to be out for Autumn.

At one point there was going to be a 'dance' mix record as well as a double album, one disc being rockier and the other slower. They've had everyone from Dangermouse (the producer) to Rick Rubin working with them in the studio.No doubt, it'll take them five years and at the end of it they'll release something American radio friendly with angst ridden ballads on it and say that the album is the result of an incredible journey. I am a big fan, and NLOTH was pretty good but nothing as yet to come anywhere near the greatness of Achtung Baby and the Joshua Tree.

Aah grizzly you are talking about 2 of the all time great albums . To be honest I thought NLOTH was a return to form and the 360 tour was brilliant but as bono said in the interview its hard to keep meeting the fans expectations.

They had spoken about an album pretty much straight after as well.

Agree there was talk if several different albums and a double. I remember bono talking about a conversation with Chris Martin about not knowing which ones to pick. Martin apparently said the best ones!

Hopefully one day they will release all the experimental and different stuff.

Here is some news us U2 fans have been waiting for.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/14/u2-to-release-new-album-in-early-2014-4145769/

Ah, cool, found it sirdennis. Good news... they do take their time but hey, looking forward to it!

Wish they would release some of their other stuff that was talked about and then never saw the light of day... A box set would be perfect! Bit like Oasis when they did the masterplan with their b sides!

U2 used to be great in the 80's and made a couple of decent albums in the 90's but I would never buy a U2 album now, sorry.

I can never rally understand why people come I to a thread about U2 to say they don't like them... Move along, nothing to see here.

Apology accepted though!!!! :125:

:17:

The Fear - 17/11/2013 22:29

I can never rally understand why people come I to a thread about U2 to say they don't like them... Move along, nothing to see here.

Apology accepted though!!!! :125:

I didn't say I didn't like them I said I don't like their new stuff. You have to be more specific with your titles if you don't want old U2 fans on :13:

:41: (old U2)

LOL.... well as long as sirdennis and myself are happy,

ner ner ner...

:89:

Honestly think some of their new stuff is up there with their very best. Obviously they can't keep re-creating the same older stuff, you're not going to get another Unforgettable Fire, it was unique but some very good things within their new material.

Hope the new album is a good dirty rock album, Achtung is one of my favourites!

Yes I am happyish with that.

I do remember after listening to the Joshua Tree for the first time that they would never do anything as agood as that again , but Achtung Baby came along and as said some of the recent stuff has been up there.