Sir David Amess | Vital Football

Sir David Amess

As with Jo Cox not too long ago, party politics transcends this barbaric act of cowardice.
May the scumbag who did this rot in hell for eternity.

RIP David.
👏👏👏

I won't pass comment until I know the full facts, but one thing I will say...
Maybe now is the time for a "root and branch" political reset, and when I say that I mean, show respect and decorum for their opposition and above all else, be professional.
All too often recently, our politicians have lowered themselves into "trash talking boxer" territory.
Not a good look, and only serves to fan the flames of hatred on all sides of the political divide...

As with Jo Cox not too long ago, party politics transcends this barbaric act of cowardice.
May the scumbag who did this rot in hell for eternity.

RIP David.

Hear hear. I just don’t understand what goes through the minds of these people or what they hope to achieve by these acts. I like to think, maybe naively in some instances, people become MPs to help people and make the country a better place, and in the case of Sir David Amess this was certainly the case. Whatever people’s political views, we live in a democratic country and attacking defenceless people such as him or Jo Cox is the ultimate act of cowardice. I’m for capital punishment in the right circumstances and the perpetrators of these crimes and for people like Wayne Couzens they would certainly meet the criteria.

Last edited:
It could be terrorism, politically or personally motivated so you cant really say too much at the moment.

But we do know he leaves behind a wife and 5 children. So tagic and needless.

👏👏👏

I won't pass comment until I know the full facts, but one thing I will say...
Maybe now is the time for a "root and branch" political reset, and when I say that I mean, show respect and decorum for their opposition and above all else, be professional.
All too often recently, our politicians have lowered themselves into "trash talking boxer" territory.
Not a good look, and only serves to fan the flames of hatred on all sides of the political divide...

Totally agree with your ' root & branch political reset' - it may happen but like the tradgedy with Jo Cox, there was respect shown between all parties whilst it was in the public eye but a month or so later politicians were back to their normal - trading insults & slagging each other off.....leopard & spots springs to minds.

I'm 70 years old next year, i may be looking back with 'rose-tinted-glasses'
when i was young, i had discipline at home, discipline at school,
discipline at work and brought up giving respect to other people and
showing civility and good manners and respect for 'law and order'.

I could walk home from a night out around Wigan Town Centre without any
trouble at all, we helped elderly neighbors and crime was very low.

Today, there is very little discipline and good manners is in short supply,
too many people are walking about and every other word
is 'effing and jeffing' tail-gating and road-rage is increasing and more people seem to be on a 'short-fuse' with underlying anger just below the surface.

There is very little deterrent to crime as a whole and the 'soft sentences'
does not help to rectify this problem.

RIP. Sir David Amess and to All other Victims of Violent Crime.

is 'effing and jeffing' tail-gating and road-rage is increasing and more people seem to be on a 'short-fuse' with underlying anger just below the surface.

Thankyou Sir. The emphasis and sympathy is now on the perpetrators of crime rather than the victims.
Criminal activity and behaviour is governed in all cases by circumstance but in many cases there are choices but we do not see punishment for wrong choices.

is 'effing and jeffing' tail-gating and road-rage is increasing and more people seem to be on a 'short-fuse' with underlying anger just below the surface..

All true Springy…..my language is no better than most in private conversation but I wouldn’t as an adult “eff and Jeff“ at the top of my voice (not even at the match!) but I was out with a couple last night who had been out for a quiet drink on Monday night in a bar just outside of town centre and although it was ‘ticking over’ business wise, everyone’s evening was ruined by 4 imbeciles holding court in the centre of the bar shouting foul language over each other…..not ‘bits of kids‘ who lacked the maturity to know better …late 30’s/early 40’s blokes ….loud and aggressive to the point the youngsters on duty serving in the place daren’t remonstrate with them.

Symptomatic of the attitude that “I do what I want…nobody tells me what to do“ ….
There’s simply so little respect and regard for others……and as for the brain donors screaming round crowded suburban streets in cars doing double the speed limit ….don’t get me started

Im the same age as you Springy and I agree with every word of what you’ve posted. Sadly it’s gone too far to change in our lifetime and even to suggest manners or discipline these days leaves you open to ridicule and criticism. We have to let the young get on with it, they’ve created it and they’ll have to live with the consequences.

A vicious act of pre-medicated terrorism. The perpetrator deserves the most severe sentence possible.

That said, and in light of the woke brigade trying to tar all male police officers with the same brush after Wayne Couzens' conviction, I wonder if they will be as vociferous about Somali-born men?

A vicious act of pre-medicated terrorism. The perpetrator deserves the most severe sentence possible.

That said, and in light of the woke brigade trying to tar all male police officers with the same brush after Wayne Couzens' conviction, I wonder if they will be as vociferous about Somali-born men?
They won't and that in a nutshell is what's wrong with our country right now.
Will be bringing the "mentally unstable" card out anytime soon these do gooding feckers

Another terrible, cowardly act. Luckily, the purpetrator was caught and will be dealt with appropriately.

Let's not get carried away though:
Not all police are like Wayne Couzens.
Not all Somalis are terrorists.
Not all immigrants are on the cadge.
Not all Warriors/BWFC fans are ignorant knuckleheads.
Not all (insert category here) are (insert standard insult here)

Generalisations are rarely, if ever, correct. In fact, they're probably more likely to do harm (and yes, I appreciate that this comment in itself is a generalisation, but with no harm intended)

. I'm fairly sure that Sir David Amess, a thoroughly decent and honourable man, wouldn't want such harm to be done.

Oh, and as for advocating the return of the death sentence, I can off no better reason why than Ian Hislop's utter dismantling of Priti Patel's argument on QT. (Note, I acknowledge that in this case, there's no presumption of innocence, as the bloke appears to have been caught red-handed as it were. I'm arguing against a "general" return).

We’ve had this discussion before Moonay. Advances in science, other investigative techniques, pace legislation etc mean miscarriages of justice for cases that would warrant such a sentence are now negligible. There is no disputing the guilt of people like Wayne Couzins, Thomas Mair, Michael Adebalajo, Dale Cregan for example. They more than meet the criteria of the death penalty in my opinion.

We’ve had this discussion before Moonay. Advances in science, other investigative techniques, pace legislation etc mean miscarriages of justice for cases that would warrant such a sentence are now negligible. There is no disputing the guilt of people like Wayne Couzins, Thomas Mair, Michael Adebalajo, Dale Cregan for example. They more than meet the criteria of the death penalty in my opinion.

As you will I have seen MiW, I fully concede that Hislop's argument isn't applicable in this case ....... I was referring to a general recall.

The final comment quoting Tutu was also interesting though ........ "that's revenge, not justice".