Sincil Bank ranked 3rd behind Oldham and wait for it Grimesby! | Vital Football

Sincil Bank ranked 3rd behind Oldham and wait for it Grimesby!

R

redimps1

Just flicked onto read the fishy and theres a thread(link please somebody) saying Sincil bank is rated third for atmosphere behind blunders park and boundary park! It was ok when we went there but the best surely not!

No it is the opposite :
Every League Two Club ranked by visiting fans for best atmosphere.

Last year for us, Luton and Coventry would probably have come top but neither of them are in the League Two figures now.

Which Barnet game?!!! The atmosphere was horrible, and fighting in the away stand had a lot to do with it.

It completely depended where you were allocated at Barnet. Where we were sitting did not know there had been trouble until afterwards. Great in their away supporters bar beforehand.

Brilliant at Luton and Coventry and not at all bad at Cambridge, Newport, Port Vale, Wycombe , Barnet, Crewe, Grimsby, County and Stevenage. In fact at most away games the Imps have created a pretty good atmosphere.

Last edited:
Good numbers last season but let’s not kid ourselves we create a fantastic atmosphere - fine when things are going our way but as soon as we go a goal down all you can hear are the 617 lads. Port Vale, Barnet and Cheltenham the atmosphere was poor.

What's peoples opinion of what constitutes a good atmosphere? Last season many opposing managers commented that the atmosphere generated by Lincoln fans at the Bank was intimidating for the players ( poor lambs) so if supporters felt the same they wouldn't consider this as best atmosphere for them

Bit of a meh poll in all honesty

Atmosphere could be pretty good to be fair, I mean there isn’t exactly much else to do in Grimsby. Having said that it’s been pretty quiet that last few times I’ve been, but, for a small section in the opposite end.

Ha ha who cares. Atmosphere is subjective, bums on seats and the money they bring in is fact. I'll take the bums and money ta very much.

Ha ha who cares. Atmosphere is subjective, bums on seats and the money they bring in is fact. I'll take the bums and money ta very much.

It’s a good point because some fans like drums, some fans don’t.

However, pretty much everyone hates our air raid siren!

Good numbers last season but let’s not kid ourselves we create a fantastic atmosphere - fine when things are going our way but as soon as we go a goal down all you can hear are the 617 lads. Port Vale, Barnet and Cheltenham the atmosphere was poor.

Not sure about the Cheltenham home game- Gary James mentioned the fans singing all game long in his post match interview.

It's a poll- Blunders park has been a library this season (excepting the last 2 home games when their survival was literally on the line) and Cambridge 4th?! Above County, Mansfield. Vale, Swindon?!

Whether someone thinks someone else is better than someone else is subjective- for me, we make noise which supports the team and creates an atmosphere.

I'm not as obsessed with Grimsby as their fans seem to be with us.

Where did Vale finish? Mate’s a fab and says a morgue had more life this season. (Rhead got the fans going but that was special)

Not sure about the Cheltenham home game- Gary James mentioned the fans singing all game long in his post match interview.

It's a poll- Blunders park has been a library this season (excepting the last 2 home games when their survival was literally on the line) and Cambridge 4th?! Above County, Mansfield. Vale, Swindon?!

Whether someone thinks someone else is better than someone else is subjective- for me, we make noise which supports the team and creates an atmosphere.

I'm not as obsessed with Grimsby as their fans seem to be with us.

Sorry I meant away games. The atmosphere at the Bank has been pretty good, particularly the Crewe game. I’ve never seen a Lincoln crowd stay behind the team at 1-4 down.

I was at Vale and the support kept going throughout the 90 mins. In my time supporting the Imps (50 years+) its nearly always needed the team to generate the atmosphere by scoring, or getting close to. Last 2 seasons its been from the off and mainly sustained throughout the match. That's always going to be a fragile state of affairs but don't diss it while its there.