Sincil Bank parking | Vital Football

Sincil Bank parking

clanfordimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Think there is going to be consultation between the council and the residents regarding introducing a parking permit scheme to quite a number of streets in the Sincil Bank area. Said to be in operation Monday to Saturday at a cost of £26 per year.
Would have significant implications to match day parking and would impact further afield as fans are literally driven out that area.

I'm able to use the buses so not an issue for me, people will need to get a bit savvy.
Park at Hykeham train station for free, hop on the train, £1.75 each way last time i used it with a rail card, only takes 10 mins.
Or park at pennell's and get the number 16 bus in to Lincoln for free with a season ticket.
Or street park anywhere at the back of the Centurion pub and catch the 15 or 16 bus.
Just some thoughts.

I also saw at least 4 imps fans cars(or Accrington fans) who had their match day experience significantly increased by the Cival Enforcement Officer.

If it was away fans, I think that's a particularly shoddy way to treat visitors to the city. They have come for a day out, will probably have spent a decent amount on food/drink, may even have done some sight seeing. And now may never return again because of some petty minded warden.

Very short-sighted by the Council and plain poor.

How would the Parking Attendant know?

If it was away fans, I think that's a particularly shoddy way to treat visitors to the city. They have come for a day out, will probably have spent a decent amount on food/drink, may even have done some sight seeing. And now may never return again because of some petty minded warden.

Eh? It's not difficult to park in the right place. Not the traffic warden's fault, they're just doing their jobs.

My own view is that our parking arrangements in this country are pretty typical of gouging, rentier capitalist enterprises that do and produce nothing useful but manage to make huge profits whilst inflicting misery on the rest of us.

It will, of course, get worse after Brexit. Everything will.
I don't think the private motor vehicle is a particularly sustainable thing. I appreciate that Lincolnshire is particularly badly-served for public transport, but there is a huge over-reliance on using cars in the UK, and elsewhere. Some countries have woken up before others. When you think about it, it's quite absurd to stick an internal combustion engine on a tonne of metal and burn dinosaurs to transport one person and a handbag.

I don't think the private motor vehicle is a particularly sustainable thing. I appreciate that Lincolnshire is particularly badly-served for public transport, but there is a huge reliance on using cars. When you think about it, it's quite absurd to stick an internal combustion engine on a tonne of metal and burn dinosaurs to transport one person and a handbag.

The bastards are burning dinosaurs? Even the cute ones out of Jurassic Park?

I don't think the private motor vehicle is a particularly sustainable thing. I appreciate that Lincolnshire is particularly badly-served for public transport, but there is a huge over-reliance on using cars in the UK, and elsewhere. Some countries have woken up before others. When you think about it, it's quite absurd to stick an internal combustion engine on a tonne of metal and burn dinosaurs to transport one person and a handbag.

Perhaps if we as a country invested in safer cycle routes, and have cycle car parks at transport hubs, an example being the cycle multi-story in Amsterdam, perhaps we wouldn’t have so many dinosaurs. Just been on the P+R into Aachen, family ticket on the bus 5 Euros return, one of those quite decent bendy busses in comfort. Parking was free !

Can't see renting tenants paying for parking

I can, if those that there are adversely affected and are forced to park miles away from where they live. I live in a permit zone and its a one off payment of £30 for two permanent permits and a visitors one for as long as you live at the a address.

To be fair parts of their wheels were on the double yellow lines. Probably fans that were late and took the chance. Easy pickings for the CEO's on match days though.

Have Lincoln not introduced any form of park and ride . I would have thought it an ideal town for such a scheme .

I also saw at least 4 imps fans cars(or Accrington fans) who had their match day experience significantly increased by the Cival Enforcement Officer.
I saw this several times last season. St Andrews Close and on South Parade, both on the turf behind double yellows. I know its not allowed, but I guess they know there's some easy pickings to be had on match day/night.

Have Lincoln not introduced any form of park and ride . I would have thought it an ideal town for such a scheme .
Yeah only at top end of Lincoln from waitrose to the city bus station I think? Runs Monday to Saturday from vague memory

The problem with park and ride is you need designated bus lanes to make it worthwhile, it would be great but a massive infrastructure cost.

Although saying this isn’t there a park and ride that picks up from Waitrose car park?