Since losing 1-0 at Colchester on 27 October... | Vital Football

Since losing 1-0 at Colchester on 27 October...

Impalex

Alert Team
Staff member
...we have scored in 27 consecutive games; 22 league games, 2 Checkatrade Trophy games and 3 FA Cup games.

I wonder what our record is over all time?

We have not lost in the league since Boxing Day, a run of 15 games:
P15 W7 D8 L0 F24 A14 Pts29 with a +10 goal difference.

Since that defeat at Colchester our league run is:
P22 W11 D10 L1 F36 A22 Pts43 with a +14 goal difference.

If we avoid defeat at Crawley on Saturday, that will mean just a solitary loss in half-a-season's games!

Wasn’t the clubs longest unbeaten run 17 games?

I’m sure we got close to it in the National League title winning season.

It`s become like supporting Manchester City so now every time we only get a draw we all get a major strop on for the weekend?

Miss the good old days when we used to lose every Saturday with a regularity and then i would only get really down when we got hammered 4-0, or 5-0.

Still is suppose it`s progress this winning malarkey.

...we have scored in 27 consecutive games; 22 league games, 2 Checkatrade Trophy games and 3 FA Cup games.

I wonder what our record is over all time?
It is only the eleventh time in the club's history the side has scored in 20 successive league games (in the same season):

31: 1936-37, 1951-52
27: 1931-32
24: 1930-31
23: 1908-09
22: 1892-93, 2006-07, 2018-19
20: 1889-90, 1926-27, 1950-51

If City score against Crawley, it will constitute the best scoring run in league games since 1951-52.

The best run in successive games in all competitions in the same season is 34 in 1936-37, or 31 if you include the short-lived Division Three (North) Cup in which City lost 2-0 at home to Hartlepools.

In terms of successive league games spread over two seasons, the record is 37 between 1 March 1930 and 15 January 1931.

The side also scored in two FA Cup matches during that time, making the record 39 in all competitions.

Last edited:
Whilst it is the games coming up that matter of course, stats like these are important too.
It will give extra impetus and determination in the players to not let the current runs end.

And i think winning silverware two seasons in a row is already unique in our history...can we make it an astonishing three consecutive trophies??
And that has been combined with our alltime record runs in three different cups as well - FA Cup, FL Trophy & FA Trophy. Only the League Cup record has yet to be surpassed...next season maybe??

Whilst it is the games coming up that matter of course, stats like these are important too.
It will give extra impetus and determination in the players to not let the current runs end.

And i think winning silverware two seasons in a row is already unique in our history...can we make it an astonishing three consecutive trophies??
And that has been combined with our alltime record runs in three different cups as well - FA Cup, FL Trophy & FA Trophy. Only the League Cup record has yet to be surpassed...next season maybe??

Good points made here. We'd need to reach the Quarter Finals of the League Cup to beat our record.

In addition to those cup runs, no Lincoln City manager has ever won three trophies, and none has ever taken City up two levels in the league structure. If he pulls this off, Danny will officially become the most successful manager in the club's history after just three seasons.

In addition to those cup runs, no Lincoln City manager has ever won three trophies, and none has ever taken City up two levels in the league structure. If he pulls this off, Danny will officially become the most successful manager in the club's history after just three seasons.

That would be astonishing, amazing and yet, paradoxically, completely expected. :grinning: