SIn bin for yellow cards??? | Vital Football

SIn bin for yellow cards???

weejockmcplop

Vital Champions League
Apparently the law making body for football is considering introducing a sin bin for yellow cards, which could be in the professional game within 2-3 years!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38824937

This has got to be the worst idea I have heard in ages. If you think diving and cheating is bad now, imagine how bad it would be if you could gain an instant player advantage with a single dive. Ridiculous.

Or Sin Bin the dirty cheating diver?

Sin bin could be dished out by 4th official who has access to the TV coverage.

That would stop diving

Yeah it would definitely work if they introduce technology for 4th officials first. They seem to want to do everything but that though.
I've always been a big fan of the technology idea. Refs will never get everything right, and there's far too much pressure on them in the modern game considering how many decisions they are expected to get right in a single game.

They won't solve everything, but they would help. The only people it wouldn't help is those who love to blame the ref for everything.
Sure, things are hard to see even with replays.
If they are going to sin bin people for yellow cards though, surely its a prerequisite to make sure people aren't going to cheat their way to wins.

Would solve some issues, CP. Clearly though others can't be decided by a group of pundits with half an hour of debate & a dozen different views of it.

Can't be a bad though, would see it solving maybe 50% of contentious decisions, the rest go with Ref original decision.

Don't have a problem with sin bins tbh,. It's not very often you see a yellow card for a standard foul so don't think diving would increase.

No no no.....How are they going to enforce it sounds like it could be too disruptive to the flow of the game? Stop the game to allow the player to come back on? or wait until the next stop in play?

The captain only speaking to the ref rule should be used

Also no shielding of the ball to let it go out for a goal kick....does my head in.

Anything rule/technology wise which cannot be equally applied to a pub game on a park on Sunday morning is a no for me.

You cant get a look at a replay in those types of games, so why should the pro players be any different?

Pro clubs dont own the game, as much as the Prem teams think they do.

It kills the game. Live rugby matches have been ruined with 5-10 minute delays while a TMO tries ti figure out what happened.

Leave the game as it is. What goes around comes around.
The imperfections are what makes it the beautiful game,

No to sin bins also.

If you want to deal with cheating introduce a citation mechanism that will attract post match reviews with financial penalties/yellow cards and suspensions.

Agree that the role of the captain can be looked at though.

Give him extra rights or something (maybe to time-out the game and speak to the ref on behalf of his team) in return for a new restriction of only him being able to have a direct discussion with the ref.

That can only be a good thing.

da fuq - 1/2/2017 15:15

No no no.....How are they going to enforce it sounds like it could be too disruptive to the flow of the game? Stop the game to allow the player to come back on? or wait until the next stop in play?

Also no shielding of the ball to let it go out for a goal kick....does my head in.

Eh?

Play would already have been stopped for the yellow card to be awarded, so the disruption has already happened. As for getting the player back on, he could be waived on in exactly the same way the ref waives on a player that has been off with injury.

No disruption at all.

Agreeing with shielding the ball though, if you're physically preventing a player from getting to the ball while having no intention of playing the ball yourself it has to be obstruction, surely?

Galaxy42 - 1/2/2017 16:40

Eh?

Play would already have been stopped for the yellow card to be awarded, so the disruption has already happened. As for getting the player back on, he could be waived on in exactly the same way the ref waives on a player that has been off with injury.

No disruption at all.

Agreeing with shielding the ball though, if you're physically preventing a player from getting to the ball while having no intention of playing the ball yourself it has to be obstruction, surely?

Say there's 5 player in the bin at one single point, who's going to time them back on. The ref? is he going to have to have a watch with 5 times on it?

Totally unworkable for Sunday league, when there are no lino's usually present, never mind a 4th official.

Fine the managers when a player acts like a dick or starts diving & when Jose or Pep paying for it watch it stop, imagine being a Burnley player & having to explain to Sean Dyche why he's getting less money.

That & properly hold refs accountable for mistakes.

How would you hold refs accountable for mistakes when players are deliberately trying to deceive them? Do you think refs are superhuman?
Maybe fine them, some jail time perhaps. That'll do it.

paplane - 1/2/2017 16:47

Galaxy42 - 1/2/2017 16:40

Eh?

No disruption at all.

Say there's 5 player in the bin at one single point, who's going to time them back on. The ref? is he going to have to have a watch with 5 times on it?

Totally unworkable for Sunday league, when there are no lino's usually present, never mind a 4th official.

It doesn't have to be in place for Sunday league, only where technology allows.

The amount of yellow cards that are issued during a game would make the administration of a sin bin almost impossible. You do not get the number of card offences in Rugby or Hockey that you do in football

If the officials actually applied the letter of the law and actually issued yellow and red cards as the laws of the game require, then the number of offences would decrease because managers would get sick of having players suspended.

i am a tree - 1/2/2017 17:09

How would you hold refs accountable for mistakes when players are deliberately trying to deceive them? Do you think refs are superhuman?

Jail time is for pussies chop a finger off for a first offence, hand for the second, arm for a third and so on that'd teach the fookers

Woanz - 1/2/2017 11:00

i am a tree - 1/2/2017 17:09

Jail time is for pussies chop a finger off for a first offence, hand for the second, arm for a third and so on that'd teach the fookers

I am liking your style Woanz. Going for the harsh but fair style of punishment

Sin bin for yellow cards is a shocking idea that would wreck the game.

However, sin bin for a second yellow is a great idea IMO. In fact, I would do away with red cards altogether for anything other than violent conduct and use the sin bin instead.

That way, you might get a player sin binned maybe one game in 7 (or every other game if Montanier is your manager)

I play local level hockey and rugby, so it's basically Sunday league...and we've had sin bins for ages and it works perfectly fine

Just introduce a 3 card system like hockey...green card is a warning but it's not the ref saying calm down....which all footballers ignore...

Yellow is sin bin and if you swear it's instant yellow

Red is dangerous foul, hitting another player or swearing at the ref

Interestingly, when a team gets a sin bin...the rest of the team take note and tend not to follow suit, but it would also stop stupid sending offs for goal celebrations as you could warn them, then sin bin if it happens again. Rather than red card for celebrating with fans

It also installs respect for the ref and you get almost zero swearing at the ref....which if you watch motd is getting ridiculous from the players.