SIMULATION? | Vital Football

SIMULATION?

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
We talk about diving and the like and how we all abhor it (well I think all of us, anyway). There is though an aspect of 'simulated behaviour' on the pitch that is really annoying. A player slides in for a dodgy tackle and then after the crowd roars for a red, he writhes around to get a lenient call from the ref. As soon as the verdict is given in his favour, he simulates hobbling and then as soon a play resumes, he runs off and looks as fit as a fiddle. I know the arguments, he has to get on with the game for the sake of the team etc etc but it stinks. I'd like to see the simulation rule extended to pick up these 'strays'.

How feasible is this then? and how much feeling is there around to support it?.

Tel ,there is no one more against VAR than me , but when it is brought in I hope it is going to be all encompassing to root out these Dark Arts . It's cheating against their fellow professionals and it needs dealing with

Welshtel - 11/3/2018 15:16

We talk about diving and the like and how we all abhor it (well I think all of us, anyway). There is though an aspect of 'simulated behaviour' on the pitch that is really annoying. A player slides in for a dodgy tackle and then after the crowd roars for a red, he writhes around to get a lenient call from the ref. As soon as the verdict is given in his favour, he simulates hobbling and then as soon a play resumes, he runs off and looks as fit as a fiddle. I know the arguments, he has to get on with the game for the sake of the team etc etc but it stinks. I'd like to see the simulation rule extended to pick up these 'strays'.

How feasible is this then? and how much feeling is there around to support it?.

Retrospective punishment for 'simulation' is covered - and punishment can be brought to bear under the existing rules..of course there is a nuance in what you paint - but the ability to punish is there....but proving that he hasn't just 'recovered' might well be a tough one..

"...The governing body will have the power to charge players whom it believes have cheated to win a penalty or get a player sent off, be that for a straight red card, or a second booking. Only in those circumstances will it be possible to charge a player with the new offence on the FA regulations, “successful deception of a match official”.

As with the “not seen” regulations, where players can be punished retrospectively for acts of violent conduct not seen at the time or in their full severity by match officials, the FA will be able to scrutinise match footage for instances of diving.

Once an incident has been identified it will be put before a three-man panel, comprising a former referee, manager and player, who will decide whether the FA should push ahead with the case. If the player accepts a charge he will be given an immediate two-match ban...."

Ex , do I read that as retrospective action being taken ONLY in penalty related incidences . I have a beef about simulation anywhere on the pitch , as I have said before on other threads

Walthamstow wanderer - 12/3/2018 17:24

Ex , do I read that as retrospective action being taken ONLY in penalty related incidences . I have a beef about simulation anywhere on the pitch , as I have said before on other threads

The ability to now retrospectively look at any incident where the ref may have been conned is available to the panel - whether they will only use if for simulation in the box is entirely up to them - the argument so far against taking action against players rolling around on the floor is that the ref is 'on the spot' and can choose to ignore it and let the game flow - and the instruction to teams is to actually not 'second-guess' the ref and kick the ball out - what started as a sporting gesture is now actually undermining the ref's decision making - and I wish they'd clamp down on that...but what can the ref do?