Simms Again | Vital Football

Simms Again

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Reports we are still after him:

Everton starlet Ellis Simms wanted by Blackpool
EVerton starlet EllIs Simms is wanTed by BlAckpool after his successfuL loan spell last season.
The Liverpool Echo report that the 20-year-old could be allowed to leave Goodison Park on loan, despite training with the first team still.

The forward scored ten goals for Blackpool last season and helped the club to promotion from League One but suffered an injury and has missed many games this season because of the injury.

He has been in Rafael Benitez’s matchday squad on three occasions this season, but a loan move away in the second half of the campaign could be exactly what he needs.

The 20-year-old is one of several young players based at Finch Farm who looks to have a huge future at Goodison Park.
However, he might not be ready for such a role as of yet, which isn’t too much of a surprise, and a loan away could be exactly what he needs.
The Tangerines sit in tenth place in the Championship, and though Simms hasn’t been played in the Championship, he knows the club and could be what Blackpool need.

A loan to the Championship would also allow Benitez to assess Simms from a distance and see how he copes in a competitive and physical league and put himself into a good position going into the next season.
We will have to see what happens with Simms, but a loan move back to Blackpool certainly wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world and could actually benefit Simms and the Toffees.

It must be a tad frustrating for the lad. What ever happens, he needs to be focused and I'm not sure he would be. He needs to kickstart his football career and get his head where it should be. He would develop better under Critchley without a doubt, but if his hearts at Everton, what would be the point ?
Its just my opinion, but loan players give us a false sense of security. We already have good players anyway.

The only way it would be a loan is if he signed a new contract. Otherwise surely it would be a permanent move considering it runs out in the summer.

It must be a tad frustrating for the lad. What ever happens, he needs to be focused and I'm not sure he would be. He needs to kickstart his football career and get his head where it should be. He would develop better under Critchley without a doubt, but if his hearts at Everton, what would be the point ?
Its just my opinion, but loan players give us a false sense of security. We already have good players anyway.

Loans give us access to a higher quality of player than we’d otherwise be able to get. Ballard and Simms are examples of that from last season, and we wouldn’t have got promoted without them.

I would hope with his contract only being until the end of this season and his hesitation / reluctance to sign a new one that we may be in with a chance of signing him on a permanent. Now that would be a wow signing.

........And better for him imho, Surely better working his way up by showcasing him self, rather than sitting it out and stagnating at Everton. After all, he has a lot of time on his side.

The only way it would be a loan is if he signed a new contract. Otherwise surely it would be a permanent move considering it runs out in the summer.

Loans give us access to a higher quality of player than we’d otherwise be able to get. Ballard and Simms are examples of that from last season, and we wouldn’t have got promoted without them.

They do sometimes, but not always, Ballard and Simms being prominent of course, but where are they now ? As for TJJ for example, not exactly higher class, We have made mistakes which is natural, but indeed, we're heading in the right direction.

Would we have gone up to the Prem without DJ and Charlie? Didn't they both come òn loan originally? I might be wrong on this detail.

Would we have gone up to the Prem without DJ and Charlie? Didn't they both come òn loan originally? I might be wrong on this detail.

Your right Bear, but both signed full time unlike Ballard and Dewsbury/ Hall for instance Yes loans can be a great introduction without doubt.

Your right Bear, but both signed full time unlike Ballard and Dewsbury/ Hall for instance Yes loans can be a great introduction without doubt.
(y) Yes Noddy you are right. I would much prefer Simms on a permanent. The fact that he hasn't signed at Everton suggests he might be up for this.

Well thats that one blown out of the water....

STRIKER SIGNS NEW EVERTON DEAL

Everton striker Ellis Simms declared his hunger to “show the manager what I can do” and compete for a First-Team place after signing a new three-year contract with the Club until the end of June 2024.
The 20-year-old revealed he has struck up a strong relationship with boss Rafa Benitez and how he takes inspiration from the progress of fellow Blues forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Simms has consistently hit the back of the net since joining Everton aged 16, scoring 52 goals in 71 league appearances for the Toffees’ Under-18 and Under-23 sides.
He enjoyed a successful loan spell at Blackpool in League One last season and played an instrumental role in their promotion to the Championship via the play-offs. After moving to the Seasiders in January, Simms netted 10 times in 19 starts.
The attacker says the experience of performing at senior level has further stoked his determination to make the step up to First-Team football for Everton.
“Everton is a massive club and I love it here,” Simms told evertontv.
“From Under-16s level to now, the Club has helped me grow as a person and as a player.
“The support the Club has given me has been fantastic and I’m very grateful to sign this new deal.
“Last season at Blackpool I learned a lot in a short space of time by coming up against different styles of play. It’s helped me become a better player.
“It gave me that taste of playing men’s football and now I am eager and ready to kick on and play at the highest level I can.”

Ellis-Simms-Nov-2021-012.JPG

Simms was denied the chance to play in Blackpool’s League One play-off final after sustaining a groin injury on the eve of the Wembley showpiece.
After returning to training at Everton in September, Simms then hurt his ankle but says he is now fully recovered and is “feeling great”.
Manager Benitez has praised the striker’s attitude, application and goalscoring instinct – and Simms explained how he is savouring the chance to work with the experienced Blues boss.
“It’s been great,” he said. “I get along with him well. He’s a very warm man and you can speak to him about everything.
“I’m just grateful to work with him and hopefully I can continue to build that relationship and show him what I can do.
“I’m sure If I keep training well and working hard, then I’ll get an opportunity.”
On the prospect of making a first senior Everton appearance at Goodison Park, Simms added: “I’ve played there without fans but, with the crowd, I think it would just be a moment I would never forget.
“The support is unreal and I’m just waiting for that day.”

ELLIS SIMMS
I’m just grateful to work with the manager and hopefully I can continue to build that relationship and show him what I can do.​

Simms outlined how he has paid close attention to the career trajectory of current Everton number nine Calvert-Lewin.
Calvert-Lewin progressed from the Under-23 side to become a regular scorer in the Toffees’ First Team – and Simms says he aims to seize every opportunity to learn from the England striker.
“Dom gives me tips [in training] and every little detail he passes on can help me and I can use it in my game, too,” he said.
“He’s a good figure to look up to because he’s been in my position and made the step up, so I don’t see why I can’t do that as well.
“If I keep working hard and keep improving, hopefully that will happen.”