Simeon Jackson | Vital Football

Simeon Jackson

Suffolk Gills

Vital Youth Team
Good article on the GFC website. His goal in the final v Shrewsbury remains a great 'I was there moment'. I had forgotten they had beaten us 7 - 0 earlier in the season - I had also forgotten we started the next season beating Swindon 5 -0. I can only imagine this is an age thing!

Good article on the GFC website. His goal in the final v Shrewsbury remains a great 'I was there moment'. I had forgotten they had beaten us 7 - 0 earlier in the season - I had also forgotten we started the next season beating Swindon 5 -0. I can only imagine this is an age thing!
I can recall the day of the final, as I cleaned the car on the driveway I listened to the match, my best pal was up there I understand he went ballistic when Jackson scored , I was also interested as Ian Holloway a few days earlier had been appointed our new manager and he was one of the commentators doing the match.
Opening match of the following season I had just taken my seat at Loftus Road on a glorious hot sunny day when my phone rang, G I L L I N G H A M.....yes it was my pal, the match had just finished having had an early ko. and he was ecstatic , he then went on to give me the details, did Jackson score a hat-trick that day?

I can recall the day of the final, as I cleaned the car on the driveway I listened to the match, my best pal was up there I understand he went ballistic when Jackson scored , I was also interested as Ian Holloway a few days earlier had been appointed our new manager and he was one of the commentators doing the match.
Opening match of the following season I had just taken my seat at Loftus Road on a glorious hot sunny day when my phone rang, G I L L I N G H A M.....yes it was my pal, the match had just finished having had an early ko. and he was ecstatic , he then went on to give me the details, did Jackson score a hat-trick that day?
Indeed Jackson did score a hat-trick that day, was a bit of a false dawn though as we got relegated and Swindon made the playoffs.

I did post of the 18th “more interviews with former Gills players” new chat with Simeon Jackson, Guy Butters, Mama Sidebe!