Signings | Vital Football

Signings

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
A couple of promising signings:
Centre half, has good National League experience and is of a good age.
Midfielder, again has good experience albeit in Irish League, but as it's a deal to the end of the season it will be up to him to prove his worth!

Yes it is good to see the club are trying to shore up our ever decreasing playing resources. Kerr sounds like a great signing just hope he doesn't end up getting injured like ever other decent Centre Back we have had recently.

At what stage do we 'blood' the youngsters? Particularly relating to Luca Murphy, who according to press releases is a very promising prospect. We shouldn't waste his talent if it's there. Aaron Cunningham looks as though he is settling in and with the signature of Kerr that's three decent centre backs ready for our next campaign, without further addition and there is still Raynes, a very good player maybe a little injury prone but when fit a very good acquisition and Anderson, Kioso even.

Kioso and Richardson with Magnay as cover for the right backs, Amos if we can keep him, and Kitching for the left side of defence...up to now seems decent even if we didn't sign anyone [hoping we can keep Amos] for those positions.

Midfield, Molyneux looks good, Hawkes, Noble has something but reminds me of Boyd the way he moves around the pitch, as though he is pushing an imaginary wheelbarrow full of bricks, Featherstone, a total confidence player, shows in his inconsistent performances, the signing of Holohan, would we need another....Tinkler from Gateshead??? Or maybe a pacy out and out right winger who can get the ball into the box?

Some quarter of Pools' support keep banging on about Luke James and his lack of goals but what a gap he left against Bromley, a big miss. Kabamba is excellent at this level, would like to retain his services. Muir has something to offer, I would like us to have a look at Rigg, up at Gateshead.

Luke Williams- will he ever be fit?? Donaldson I'm still not sure, does little to impress me, Newton i think he's probably on his way at the season's end, similarly McLaughlin, Hawkins hasn't lived up to his potential.

It's going to be an interesting close season, we might see a bit of movement in and out or we might even get to keep some of those on loan.
:red:

Yes I would agree although it seems Amos can be a liability at times. Dunno if this will improve with coaching or whether he is just not quite good enough. I can imagine Williams playing the first game of next season then being out again for the year. We need to get rid and use his wages on a less talented but more reliable player.