Sid banned | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sid banned

So he's not allowed to buy tickets for home and away matches, but if someone purchases a ticket for him can he attend the match the ticket has been purchased for? Can he gain entry to a match if it's pay on the gate? Now I'm sure at Sincil Bank they can refuse him entry based on 'past behaviour', but are they going to circulate his photo to all the other League One clubs and then tell them not to let him in?

I think a full season ban is a bit harsh but like a red card, a 3 match ban would seem more appropriate to me. I have spoken to Sid many times over the years but don’t really know the lad. To me he appears very easily lead and not the brightest button which I think is why he gets into these situations. He got himself a banning order for his belly wobble pitch invasion against Barnet some years back and I recall him getting on the pitch twice at North Ferriby and running around the Accrington home stand in a dress the other season. On the other hand, I believe he donates his sticker money to charity. Hopefully this will get resolvved with some compromise and Sid learns from it.

Do you know, few people seem to realise what a menace he is to stewards, they're not the most enigmatic bunch but I'm sure they could do without him winding uo the away fans, last season he wiped his fat hairy arse on a codhead shirt. Yes very amusing I suppose but maybe not to the stewards trying to control the away fans.
Maybe someone should take him to one side and say something like 'you're 35 now, cut down on the booze on match day, sit in your seat like everyone else does and then we all enjoy the game. Hes got previous, hes been told to behave at several home games before (I know a few stewards) he needs to start listening. Incidentally yes the ban is excessive, but hes not taken too much notice so far.

Do you know, few people seem to realise what a menace he is to stewards, they're not the most enigmatic bunch but I'm sure they could do without him winding uo the away fans, last season he wiped his fat hairy arse on a codhead shirt. Yes very amusing I suppose but maybe not to the stewards trying to control the away fans.
Maybe someone should take him to one side and say something like 'you're 35 now, cut down on the booze on match day, sit in your seat like everyone else does and then we all enjoy the game. Hes got previous, hes been told to behave at several home games before (I know a few stewards) he needs to start listening. Incidentally yes the ban is excessive, but hes not taken too much notice so far.

To be fair to him I think he’s been sober for 2 months so credit where credits due. Apart from that spot on

I don't know Sid personally but he seems harmless albeit I imagine he is very annoying for the people around him so you can understand why people get miffed off with him.

There are probably people who look out for him at the football but outweighed by others who egg him on. You do have to wonder why he thought it'd be a good idea to wear a Newcastle shirt to the game, though.

Going slightly deep than that, I think I'm correct in saying Sid lost both(?) his parents very young so in that respect I feel sorry for him because I think he's someone who just wants to be liked, wants attention and to fit in with a group of people. As a result you get this sort of behavior.

How anyone thought taking a Newcastle shirt into that game was a sensible, intelligent thing to do......you wouldn't do it unless there was a plan to taunt the opposition fans with it.

Sunderland/Newcastle is not like Grimsby/Lincoln, it is like Rangers/Celtic. Vitriolic hatred of each other is endemic. Irresponsibility beyond belief which started some serious stadium issues in the SW/Coop corner for the last 15 minutes of the game.

However is that worth a season ban for an LCFC "icon"? Wednesday have banned "Tango" for two seasons for verbally abusing a steward. Icons are not bigger than the club

I would hardly call him a club ‘icon’. Notorious rather than iconic.

Can you for a moment picture the scene at the sunderland game where 5 lincoln fans, no lets make it 200 fans (because if Sid can do it, so can any of us) wear Newcastle shirts, or wipe them on their bums, lets run up and down pitchside wobbling body parts at the opposition supporters. Its at best highly childish, at worse its insighting our visitors to respond very badly indeed. Its only a step or two from singing over national anthems or giving nazi salutes. Am I alone in thinking a season ban for any person inside a stadium provoking trouble is appropriate. As an aside, if he has experienced berevement early in life then I have genuine sympathy. My parents are also deceased but I dont feel it a good enough reason to provoke trouble at football. (Im expecting to be abused for this post, sadly)

Who was it who held up the Liverpool shirt to the Everton fans at our recent cup game causing some unsavoury scenes.
Was that Sid?

To be fair to him I think he’s been sober for 2 months so credit where credits due. Apart from that spot on

I reckon he's doing this 'stopOctober' thing? Either way it will certainly do some good. I took him to a few games before we dropped out of the league, he seems a nice enough bloke.

How would Sunderland fans cope with an away trip to meadow lane or blunder park? They’d be in complete meltdown.
I was punched on the nose whilst boarding a train at kings cross aged 12 by Man Utd supporters.
The sight of a Man Utd shirt brings on dizzy spells, nausea, and a visit to my doctors for stronger depression tablets.

I am sure this makes me sound like a grumpy old fart but tbh I find the way he behaves an embarrassment and we are then all tarnished with the same brush. At 35 I think he should start to grow up a bit! Tbh I have a certain degree of sympathy for him because he really cannot see that all those that egg him on are laughing at him and not with him and it's a shame!