Sid banned | Page 4 | Vital Football

Sid banned

He's been to the club today. Still banned.

Without sounding like a grumpy old fart, "good".
The fact that HE brought the shirt in makes him liable for any provokation that occurred, and him having worn it would have been with the intention of provoking the Sunderland fans, and is, in my book all good reason to make an example of him as irresponsible behaviour?

We're a family club with a much improved fan-base (behaviour-wise) and lots of youngsters in the crowd. It's actions like this, as non-malicious as it sounds, that could have caused major issues for our stewards/police etc, especially as the Sunderland fans weren't in the best of moods anyway?

No sympathy from me.

The fact that HE brought the shirt in makes him liable for any provokation that occurred, and him having worn it would have been with the intention of provoking the Sunderland fans, and is, in my book all good reason to make an example of him as irresponsible behaviour?

We're a family club with a much improved fan-base (behaviour-wise) and lots of youngsters in the crowd. It's actions like this, as non-malicious as it sounds, that could have caused major issues for our stewards/police etc, especially as the Sunderland fans weren't in the best of moods anyway?

No sympathy from me.

Fully agree

Where will this end! One could argue Lincoln fans singing your City is red to Everton fans is at risk of inciting riot etc. It happens at all clubs. Its called banter. Lets not go too politically correct like the rest of the world. This is what I would call general banter which is completely different to racism which I condone

Where will this end! One could argue Lincoln fans singing your City is red to Everton fans is at risk of inciting riot etc. It happens at all clubs. Its called banter. Lets not go too politically correct like the rest of the world. This is what I would call general banter which is completely different to racism which I condone

You condone racism?*

*I know what you mean. ;)

You condone racism?*

*I know what you mean. ;)

Just what I was thinking!

No sympathy from me.

Best post on the thread by far imo.

I don’t know him but happened to be on the Anchor bus with him when going to Gateshead for that infamous performance prior to us going up.

Not commenting on his latest antics but he should have been banned then from any form of public transport with the smells he was distributing up and down that bus

I had the odious pleasure of him on the train from Derby to Crewe a couple of seasons ago. Drunk at 11 o'clock and still drinking and learing at all the woman in the packed coach. A total embarrassment.

Club has every right to turn people away if they feel they are out of order.

Sid will have made mistakes but so has everyone.

His have been made public and now a lot of people are digging him out online behind a keyboard. It’s easy to do but not helpful to the situation in any way, especially the personal comments.

Sid will have made mistakes but so has everyone.

His have been made public and now a lot of people are digging him out online behind a keyboard. It’s easy to do but not helpful to the situation in any way, especially the personal comments.

Well said.

There have been many varied comments on this thread about Sid, and the circumstances leading to his ban. One thing is for sure. This thread has to date resulted in about 8000 views and over 70 replies, all of which will contribute to funds going to the Club. I wonder how many other supporters would have generated so much interest ??!!

Not read all of this thread, but the ban seems harsh in my view. Not that long ago you'd have as much chance finding a Newcastle shirt as a Lincoln shirt at Sincil Bank!

I still regularly see the odd (adult) spectator bizarrely wearing another team's gear. I suppose not everyone takes their shirt off and hands it to someone else knowing full well there's tomfoolery to come though...

I would have thought any time he brings any shirt to a game that is big enough to cover his belly its a good thing.
Seems a very petty reason to ban someone on the face of it... without knowing the mysterious additional facts

I would have thought any time he brings any shirt to a game that is big enough to cover his belly its a good thing.
Seems a very petty reason to ban someone on the face of it... without knowing the mysterious additional facts

Sounds like he was on a final warning before the shirt nonsense

I think you have to look also at the duty of care from the club, This could have gone horribly wrong I dont think Sunderland are a bad lot supporter wise imagine if it was Millwall etc, It would be then deemed a bad choice to not ban him, I dont know the lad and i think hes done alot for charity so maybe they may give him a shorter ban maybe till after the big games at christmas.

Tweet from Liam regarding capacity at SB earlier this evening. Kind of think this fool and his actions may have prompted this ‘recent review’ and putting the Segregation back will result in lost revenue.

With the 100 reinstated seats in the CoOp, 77 added in the Selenity, 10 in the BMF we are at 10,307 max capacity if there is no extra segregation required

However and unfortunately we will be expected to re-apply extra segregation netting going forward following a recent review