Sid banned | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sid banned

Apologies if Im misconstruing this but is Sid being held responsible for the actions of away fans now? It’s entirely their responsibility if they ‘react’ to baiting from opposition fans (which happens at every football match I’ve ever been to).

Provocative actions that result in violence or which can provoke the fear of violence is actually an offence under the Public Order Act, and quite a serious one too.

Most crowd at football match would be guilty, if it was that simple.

Sid wearing a Newcastle shirt does not fall under this.

Apologies if Im misconstruing this but is Sid being held responsible for the actions of away fans now? It’s entirely their responsibility if they ‘react’ to baiting from opposition fans (which happens at every football match I’ve ever been to).

Unfortunately that absolutely correct- we are all accountable for our actions.

As an extreme, if Sid brought in a large child doll, dressed in a Sunderland shirt, hanging from a small makeshift scaffold and waved that in front of Sunderland fans you think he would not have some level of accountability for any public disorder which followed in the ground.

The level of intellect used to bring a Newcastle shirt into the ground when playing Sunderland defies logic to me and created a significant internal stadium security event for the last 15 minutes of the match (albeit it wasn't Sid, this time, who actually waved the shirt in their faces).

Whether it is a stadium ban- thats for the club. But someone needs to have a word with this 35 year old man and stop him acting like an embarrassment and more like an adult

And, as I've said elsewhere, "icons" come and go- "Tango" has been banned by Wednesday for two seasons for swearing at a steward. Sid has already been banned from Lincoln United and Lincoln City (for 3 seasons) previously. Seems some people don't learn do they.

I am sure this makes me sound like a grumpy old fart but tbh I find the way he behaves an embarrassment and we are then all tarnished with the same brush. At 35 I think he should start to grow up a bit! Tbh I have a certain degree of sympathy for him because he really cannot see that all those that egg him on are laughing at him and not with him and it's a shame!
Perfect response. After being banned before should have a period of time to reflect on his actions.

Unfortunately that absolutely correct- we are all accountable for our actions.

As an extreme, if Sid brought in a large child doll, dressed in a Sunderland shirt, hanging from a small makeshift scaffold and waved that in front of Sunderland fans you think he would not have some level of accountability for any public disorder which followed in the ground.

The level of intellect used to bring a Newcastle shirt into the ground when playing Sunderland defies logic to me and created a significant internal stadium security event for the last 15 minutes of the match (albeit it wasn't Sid, this time, who actually waved the shirt in their faces).

Whether it is a stadium ban- thats for the club. But someone needs to have a word with this 35 year old man and stop him acting like an embarrassment and more like an adult

And, as I've said elsewhere, "icons" come and go- "Tango" has been banned by Wednesday for two seasons for swearing at a steward. Sid has already been banned from Lincoln United and Lincoln City (for 3 seasons) previously. Seems some people don't learn do they.
Tbf, one of his charges was throwing his season ticket at Holdsworth or Simpson, which we were all probably wanting to do ourselves at the time. :lol: