Sick of karanka? | Page 13 | Vital Football

Sick of karanka?

Big decision for the owner now.

Bruce has just gone to Sheffield Wednesday.

Rowett is right on the edge at Stoke and their fans are calling for Jokanovic.

If Stoke act in the next few days all the reasonable candidates may well be going elsewhere. To be fair it's probably too late already.

Sacking Karanka has become even more suicidal than it was before

Must stick with Karanka for the rest of the season imho

Time for an overhaul (if necessary ) is the summer including sale of Carvalho if necessary.

I said it before Fawaz sacked Billy with 9 to go and I'll say it now-it's a massive gamble to change managers when the team still has an excellent chance at the playoffs. Even for Jokanovic.

The only thing I don't know is whether we face a crippling fine if we don't go up this year. If that is the case, basically the owner might be in a position where it's now or never in which case Jokanovic very much comes into the equation. Even then, if it was me I would stick with karanka

2 or 3 quality additions and we have a chance here

Sorry Toms not following? What report? We should be well safe of FFP this year and next.

Polly I didn't know if FFP would apply or not next season but was just saying that if it did that might influence the owners decision re changing manager. If it doesn't don't see why Karanka is under pressure right now....let the man work til the end of the season at least and then re-evaluate

Thought a fine was one of the sanctions available for a breach. If I’m wrong, I apologise and strike my comment from the record in that regard. My main point was that it would be a big (and wrong gamble ) to sack karanka right now

Thought a fine was one of the sanctions available for a breach. If I’m wrong, I apologise and strike my comment from the record in that regard. My main point was that it would be a big (and wrong gamble ) to sack karanka right now
You are thinking of QPR.

A fine is only applicable to a club that has left the league (promotion) whilst in breach of FFP

Your main point about giving Karanka time is valid and I agree. If he was the correct man to be appointed this time last year surely his credentials remain. A new man would take time to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the squad. Even longer if they also have to learn the Championship with its wide varieties and style. The way you set the team up for the likes of Leeds is very different for the likes of Millwall. Just to mention the last two teams we have played.

I wasn't in favour of Karaoke because of his boring style. Villa, Norwich and Leeds games suggest different.

Your main point about giving Karanka time is valid and I agree. If he was the correct man to be appointed this time last year surely his credentials remain. A new man would take time to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the squad. Even longer if they also have to learn the Championship with its wide varieties and style. The way you set the team up for the likes of Leeds is very different for the likes of Millwall. Just to mention the last two teams we have played.

I wasn't in favour of Karaoke because of his boring style. Villa, Norwich and Leeds games suggest different.

Is that a new name for him Polly or the dreaded spell check?:grinning: