sick of GFC today | Page 2 | Vital Football

sick of GFC today

A simple “we are looking into it but no decision has been made” added into one of the website letters would at least acknowledge the issue. Instead of hearing via kentonline.

If he did that, then he'd get everyone moaning again for not updating them. He can't win on this one.

Players make up the vast majority of our salaries, and wouldn't be eligible to be furloughed as far as I'm aware

Agree players would be a big chunk of wages but not sure why they couldn't have been furloughed as they weren't expected to attend organised training or play matches .

Probably reasonable to expect them to maintain a level of personal fitness even if furloughed.

Point is we dont know though so not worth debating whether they were or weren't.

If he did that, then he'd get everyone moaning again for not updating them. He can't win on this one.

I don’t agree. At least mention it in the press releases. Then if people moan a simple “as stated on whatever date, this matter is being looked into and will be announced in due course” or whatever.

As I’ve said before, most people (including myself) probably won’t bother with a refund, but with Medway being a less than affluent area a £60 refund could mean the months electric bill for some families.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes Evans appears instinctively aware that fans crave news, any news but especially good news. We have had a steady stream of quotes, interviews and releases from him and Raynor. Some of it has been fairly predictable but it creates the impression that the club is still functioning, trying to find a way through and to re-engage with fans.

Scally is the one with the ultimate responsibilities and it must be worrying and difficult but a regular dose of fluff for fans would not go amiss.

I've said many times that Scally's not a great PR operator. But people need a reality check here. The chairman doesn't even know if the club will be financially able to offer refunds. So it's important not to raise false expectations. Our club (like many others) is in a very perilous place, while people are focussing on reclaiming a few quid.

I'm not going to be asking for a refund on my 2019/20 season ticket. It was coronavirus that stopped the matches being played, not GFC, and the virus isn't going to reimburse me. It's money I spent in April 2019 and I still got to see 17 matches for (in my case) £300.

Its a bit different for the coming season. If we are lucky, start in September or October and all will be well. If it starts with games behind closed doors, once a date is announced the club has a chance to plan for this financially.

I'm not going to be asking for a refund on my 2019/20 season ticket. It was coronavirus that stopped the matches being played, not GFC, and the virus isn't going to reimburse me. It's money I spent in April 2019 and I still got to see 17 matches for (in my case) £300.

I think the vast majority (me included) are with you I've got another 8 matchday tickets sitting with my ST as well. I won't be asking for those back either.

The point is the lack of communication from the club. That's the frustrating bit. We dont seem very high on the clubs priority list. Feels like flying on ryanair, they don't treat you very well but as long as you get there you put up with it.

Other clubs are in the same boat but are at least communicating the options.

Scally seems to think our low cost base of Approx £60k per month outgoings means we will be better off than the big L1 clubs with £600k per month going out.
I can’t see us signing players soon as he we will see it as pointless to be paying players for July when the season won’t start before September.
Costs are being cut left right and centre, - see all the 2nd year dev players being released, Ladies team axed, Simon Royce axed etc etc.
Evans has taken a pay cut
Players have taken wage cuts
Priestfield staff all furloughed - no one to answer the various queries currently.
Cant see anything changing until after the League 1 Playoff final and Championship seasons have finished, so we will know the makeup of League 1 next season and they can finalise a start date.

I do agree that our frugal budget (someone may have mentioned one of the lowest in league one at some point) will put us in a better place to get through this than other clubs.

We made good progress last year, let's hope we can build on it and Evans stays with us.

I do agree that our frugal budget (someone may have mentioned one of the lowest in league one at some point) will put us in a better place to get through this than other clubs.

We made good progress last year, let's hope we can build on it and Evans stays with us.
Investment is key the club's who get it can do very well .Scally unfortunately in many years of so called trying has come up potless when there was money around. Now well we shall see.Leprosy is more likely than a leopard changing it's spots.

Investment is key the club's who get it can do very well .Scally unfortunately in many years of so called trying has come up potless when there was money around. Now well we shall see.Leprosy is more likely than a leopard changing it's spots.
You mean the clubs like Sunderland and Ipswich and Peterborough?!!!

Must be a first, the introduction of leprosy onto this site.