sick of GFC today | Vital Football

sick of GFC today

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see there's an announcement on the site about season tickets for next season.

Why the fuck have they not dealt with the ongoing issues around this season and refunds or whaever?

Complete lack of priorities for me. Typical Scally.

BTW I've e-mailed the CEO and had no reply at all. Sort it out you cretins.

Why the fuck have they not dealt with the ongoing issues around this season and refunds or whaever?

Maybe Scally needs to shift a few STs to be able to pay refunds on the STs...??!!

Cash flow.

I feel for folk that really need the cash.

All businesses are facing similar cash flow problems. You only have to look at Ryanair taking 6 months or so to process refunds for cancelled flights. They say it’s because of exceptional volume of refunds but that’s bollocks - it could all be automated.

Give the guy a break! The club has had no income to talk of for months, they don't know if or when the next season will start, or if fans will be able to attend. it is easy to criticise and blame the club, but they are as much in the dark as we are. Paul Scally has said quite rightly that he didn't want to start the season until the fans can attend. Dealing with signing players is much more important, at the moment. Expecting the CEO to answer impossible questions promptly to me shows a bit of arrogance, Scally and his a trying keep the club alive any other questions are for the future.

Give the guy a break! The club has had no income to talk of for months, they don't know if or when the next season will start, or if fans will be able to attend. it is easy to criticise and blame the club, but they are as much in the dark as we are. Paul Scally has said quite rightly that he didn't want to start the season until the fans can attend. Dealing with signing players is much more important, at the moment. Expecting the CEO to answer impossible questions promptly to me shows a bit of arrogance, Scally and his a trying keep the club alive any other questions are for the future.

Bit harsh!

Some truth in that but just communicate that. Let people know whats going on.

Give a time line of when people can expected to hear some news.

I think most people would understand why they can't process refunds but to ignore the topic (maybe they are hoping people forget) is not treating us as valued customers.

The Ryanair analogy is a good one. An airline that can be perceived as having poor customer service. Anyone ever feel valued by Ryanair ? Even they have a refund plan even if it is poor.

It might be nice if GFC made us feel like valued customers. Anyone feel that ?

Some truth in that but just communicate that. Let people know whats going on.

Give a time line of when people can expected to hear some news.

Gills are in the dark about when football will return and therefore the same wit regards to income and cash flow etc, so they can't really give a timeline can they?

Chances are when decisions are made by the league/FA, Gills will know maybe a day or so before we do via the national news.

Assumption Alert!

If there's 5 games that'd be refunded for on a £pg basis, if we have 3000 (??) season ticket holders and the average is about £10 a game or something (allowing for OAPs and Jnrs), that's a £150,000 that would be getting paid out by the club, whilst we have no income coming in....

I'd rather GFC told me what is happening so i can decide to donate the money back (in some form) but i want the club to even acknowledge they have a duty to put the options on the table.

That statement on the site two weeks ago meant nothing.

I invested in a 2 year season ticket before the lockdown.

Gills are in the dark about when football will return and therefore the same wit regards to income and cash flow etc, so they can't really give a timeline can they?

Chances are when decisions are made by the league/FA, Gills will know maybe a day or so before we do via the national news.

Assumption Alert!

If there's 5 games that'd be refunded for on a £pg basis, if we have 3000 (??) season ticket holders and the average is about £10 a game or something (allowing for OAPs and Jnrs), that's a £150,000 that would be getting paid out by the club, whilst we have no income coming in....

I think the vast majority would decline a refund as it happens.

In terms of no income we have already sold season tickets for next season and for those brave enough the season afterwards. If that's all been spent then that's a worry.

Without repeating myself too much just communicate this to season ticket holders. An email is all that is required to keep the majority on side with his plans.

"Too busy" to communicate to customers is not a great strategy in my view

I think the vast majority would decline a refund as it happens.

In terms of no income we have already sold season tickets for next season and for those brave enough the season afterwards. If that's all been spent then that's a worry.

Without repeating myself too much just communicate this to season ticket holders. An email is all that is required to keep the majority on side with his plans.

"Too busy" to communicate to customers is not a great strategy in my view

My concern for the club would be that any cash reserves we did have would be currently being eaten up in order to pay for salaries, given that we've got no money through matchdays.

Fair enough regarding the too busy point. But I thoroughly expect that they are damned both ways, as people will moan if they put out a glorified holding note.

My concern for the club would be that any cash reserves we did have would be currently being eaten up in order to pay for salaries, given that we've got no money through matchdays.

Surely as many as possible were furloughed so salary outgoings might be lower than many think.

Again, it IS piss poor pr from the club. We’ve had two “chairman’s letters” in the last month on the website with no mention of refunds. He must know that people are asking via Social media and WX has emailed countless times, he can’t be the only fan who has. Yet PS continues sticking his head in the sand. A simple “we are looking into it but no decision has been made” added into one of the website letters would at least acknowledge the issue. Instead of hearing via kentonline.

Although he does suggest all unnecessary costs being cut (ladies team, development squad) doesn’t mention his own costs. Is he taking a cut/deferral whilst the club has no money coming in?