Shrewsbury | Vital Football

Shrewsbury

What a stunning goal. Wonderful half volley from 20+ yards.

Great player, wonder if Pett could be a regular midfield scorer in the same vein.

"A lovely header down from Stefan Payne into the path of Shrewsbury's star man and it's a strike worthy of sending any side to Wembley. How he kept that shot down, I do not know."

Good, I hope they go up.

Nolan seems to have had a good season, but then he always does when the team are playing well. Goes missing when the going gets tough.

did anyone watch this on skygo? - 75mb broadband here and streaming quality was worse than ifollow with 10mb...

Shrew's were good value for the win, played a lot of the second half in Charlton's half until the game opened up a little.
Cracking goal from Nolan as said, he fits in well with that team, scored 10 this season I think. Can see them going back to Wembley again.

Pleased to hear this. I thought Shrews took their defeat to us in good grace in the majority and I’d like to see them break their Wembley curse in the playoffs.
As mentioned already it does also put into perspective what a great win it was for us!!
UTI!

Shrew's were good value for the win, played a lot of the second half in Charlton's half until the game opened up a little.
Cracking goal from Nolan as said, he fits in well with that team, scored 10 this season I think. Can see them going back to Wembley again.

And in a delicious sense of irony, this is from the Charlton forum...
"Also the physical stature of the opposition was obvious. Tall, muscular men who were able to bully our smaller, lightweight midfield. "

"We are in L1 ffs!! I don't want to see fancy flicks and nutmegs and seeing how many times you can beat the same player, I want to see a player receiving a ball to feet, looking up and putting it in the box as soon as he can and that was the difference tonight."

Nolan got rave reviews from the Charlton fans though
"We don't have a John Nolan or a striker who can do what we saw from their two tonight. They'll never score 10 goals a season but what they do, they do well and Magennis is miles behind them both."

"I would happily take Rodman & Nolan off them. They were outstanding."

Shrewsbury looked much better last night than when they played us.

I thought Nolan gave away the ball quite a lot last night. Hell of a finish, mind.

And in a delicious sense of irony, this is from the Charlton forum...
"Also the physical stature of the opposition was obvious. Tall, muscular men who were able to bully our smaller, lightweight midfield. "

"We are in L1 ffs!! I don't want to see fancy flicks and nutmegs and seeing how many times you can beat the same player, I want to see a player receiving a ball to feet, looking up and putting it in the box as soon as he can and that was the difference tonight."

Nolan got rave reviews from the Charlton fans though
"We don't have a John Nolan or a striker who can do what we saw from their two tonight. They'll never score 10 goals a season but what they do, they do well and Magennis is miles behind them both."

"I would happily take Rodman & Nolan off them. They were outstanding."
They're not a too dissimilar side from us, really.

Both solid defensively, have players who have worked their way up the leagues (Habergham, Rhead, Woodyard, Whitehouse, Nolan, Whalley, Rodman, Nsiala etc), have a presence up front (Rhead, Payne, Morris) etc.

Cowley and Hurst also appear to be on similar paths, too.

What does that mean in old money?
The implication is that Sky computers and networks streaming the match were not up to the demand placed on them. A bit like at a supermarket checkout there might be 10 tills but if they only open 1 it limits how many customers can be processed. Either that or nlondonimp is not getting the broadband speed he thinks he's paid for.

Last edited:
I am a bit torn over Shrewsbury. They deserve to go up for the season they have had, but as they are only 45 minutes away from me it's an away game I can easily get to if we go up!!!