Shrewsbury | Vital Football

Shrewsbury

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Just a note to send our best wishes to our League One colleagues in Shrewsbury who may be suffering badly during the current floods:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-51611485

Having worked in the insurance business for a long time, I was sometimes witness to some very distressing scenes in areas such as Carlisle and Cockermouth in particular. The damage done by flooding can be far more severe than just some wet carpets. In addition to ruining furnishings and possessions, filthy contaminated water ruins the floorboards, the plaster and occasionally the actual infrastructure of the building. The drying-out process can take many months, and in extreme cases a building may have to be demolished. Properties can take a year or even two to reinstate, and may never be quite the same afterwards. Heirlooms (not necessarily valuable) and important personal items can be lost, in addition to family pets and a lot more. The impact on lives is substantial - imagine living out of a hotel for a year for starters - and that kind of damage is impossible to reinstate.

Within that context, football is an irrelevance.

Just a note to send our best wishes to our League One colleagues in Shrewsbury who may be suffering badly during the current floods:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-51611485

Having worked in the insurance business for a long time, I was sometimes witness to some very distressing scenes in areas such as Carlisle and Cockermouth in particular. The damage done by flooding can be far more severe than just some wet carpets. In addition to ruining furnishings and possessions, filthy contaminated water ruins the floorboards, the plaster and occasionally the actual infrastructure of the building. The drying-out process can take many months, and in extreme cases a building may have to be demolished. Properties can take a year or even two to reinstate, and may never be quite the same afterwards. Heirlooms (not necessarily valuable) and important personal items can be lost, in addition to family pets and a lot more. The impact on lives is substantial - imagine living out of a hotel for a year for starters - and that kind of damage is impossible to reinstate.

Within that context, football is an irrelevance.
26lprn.jpg

Perhaps if the government had taken note of the expert report produced in 2007 after floods in that year and spent some of the £120 billion it is spunking on HS2 on flood prevention, we might all be in a better position.

Still, as Gove said "I think this country has had enough of experts".

And, people keep voting for these idiots.

Just to make the point: the MP for Shrewsbury is a Tory. I'm afraid the people of that sadly flood afflicted town voted to be ignored when it came to this issue. Suck it up.

So one year after the labour economic crash. Armed with the labour note left at the treasury that labour had spent all of the money...
Just call me a bigot for questioning it?

The voice of the loony left has its say again. I’m sorry but you come across too much like Owen Jones and dianne Abbott’s love child for me to take your views seriously.
What not stamp your feet and cha your lips?