Shrewsbury Town complaining that | Page 2 | Vital Football

Shrewsbury Town complaining that

The gate was 52,399 with over 8000 Shrews. If the average ticket was just £12 then Shrews would have taken around £350,000 from the gate revenue alone (until S/F EFL share v PL is 55% - according the the FA Cup rules.

So they`ll have done pretty well. I believe the attitude from Liverpool FC was pathetic but the Shrews have done pretty well out of the FA Cup this season.

Liverpool have been fielding weakened teams all tournament. Do the fringe players really need this winter break if they’re only bit players in the league?!
The gate was 52,399 with over 8000 Shrews. If the average ticket was just £12 then Shrews would have taken around £350,000 from the gate revenue alone (until S/F EFL share v PL is 55% - according the the FA Cup rules.

So they`ll have done pretty well. I believe the attitude from Liverpool FC was pathetic but the Shrews have done pretty well out of the FA Cup this season.
You either accept the the letter and spirit of the winter break rules or you don't. Apart from the usual Christmas fixture pile up, Liverpool had to participate in the World Club Championship, which is now a mini league rather than a single match, more or less in the middle of the season. After the break, clubs will be participating in the European competitions as well as players facing international call ups for the Euros - friendlies and the tournament itself. It's the FA that is culpable by acceding to a winter break at a time when the FA Cup is likely to throw up replays. Gone are the days we remember when teams like Liverpool, Forest and Villa playing 60+ matches using perhaps only 14 or 15 players throughout.

Evidently all epl clubs were told that a replay in this round would mean playing the replay during the whimps break.

They chose to ignore the information. F em, fine em lol.

I guess their gripe is that the replay may have been televised if it was the main Liverpool team. The gate may also be lower so I can see the argument.

I'd just be happy to be there if I were Shrews and enjoy the day.

Hope the scousers win though as I only need that result to land a nice little 10/1 accumulator.

How much did you win?