Shrewsbury starting to crack. | Vital Football

Shrewsbury starting to crack.

Taff57

Vital 1st Team Regular
Only draw at Bradford and another man sent off.
Beat Rotherham on Sat and we go seven points clear.

That's 2 of their best Ogogo and Beckles out for Charlton now and Nisala is carrying a risk playing with a fractured cheeckbone without a face mask. Key injuries and suspensions coming at the wrong time for the Shrews.

At Blackburn Dack came off against Southend with a hamstring problem after 11 mins and was subbed before 60 mins against Gills after apparently looking a shadow of his normal self. Mowbry has said Dack will be fit for Saturday but hamstrings can be a tricky injury as we found last season with Powell - you think they're finally 100% and it goes again. So it wouldn't suprise me if over the next few games if Dack has to come off earlier than they'd like to protect him or if he's not quite pushing himself as hard with his runs for fear of injury.

Lets hope Powell is ok for us though.

Win our next two and Shrews falter against Charlton should see us promoted. The small squad they have is stretched and feeling the pace, suspensions and injury have taken its toll. Got to admire their tenacity and the team spirit that Hurst has generated but it now looks like they will fall short. Hope they make it through the play offs though as they deserve something from the season.

Rodman is a good player for them too. Shrewsbury have played against the odds all season so regardless of their 2 better players missing out. Hurst will still get the best out of what he has. Just a shame they drew last night, much prefer them to go up than Blackburn.

Me neither, and my bet for the playoffs would be Charlton.

Not Plymouth they've put together a decent run since Christmas

Plymouths 1st 20 games - P20 W4 D5 L11.
2nd 20 games - P20 W14 D4 L2.

UTFT

Now looking possible that all three teams relegated from the Championship last season could make it back at the first time of asking. I wonder if this has happened before?

I don't know the answer to that TB but a pertinent point nonetheless. There is now a noticeable gulf in quality between L1 and the Championship - that goal wolves scored against derby the other night being a prime example, a magnificent strike. If you don't have that quality of player then being fit, strong, difficult to play against etc is essential.

One win and a draw sees us mathematically home......in reality though it’s unlikey we are going to lose three games out of four and Shrewsbury win all their games.....A massive 3 points for us tonight....could be a season defining moment.

Feel a little sorry for Shrews, they've had an fantastic season and they lost in the Autowindscreen Sheild at Wembley and now may end up missing out on promotion with more points than most teams win the title with.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are losing ground for our sake, but when you looked at the squads us and Blackburn had compared to Shrews at the start of the season, you'd never have thought they would push us all the way. It's an incredible feat and if football wasn't a cruel game they deserve to win the play offs for what they've achieved against the odds. But i think the teams that snatch 5th and 6th spot will come in with momentum behind them and i wouldn't fancy Shrews to be able to match that intensity after the psychological blow of missing out at the final hurdle.

Rather them than us, but after we hopefully seal promotion I'm rooting for them to join us in the Champ.

aye it's cruel. lot of affection for Salop. but that's the game. more extreme - in the Southern Prem the four teams in the playoff spots (2nd to 5th) can all hit 99-103 points but only one can go up, Hereford newco running away with it.