Shrews vs Shrewd. | Vital Football

Shrews vs Shrewd.

moonay

Vital Football Legend
Nervous? Yep. Confident? Yep.

They've lost their last couple while we've had a treble of triumphs. I can't see any reason why either sequence won't continue ... though that said, never being one to count my chickens, I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw.

Our (shrewdly bought) trio of Ojo, Dodoo and Johnston must be well on their way to earning longer term contracts (either with us, or their own clubs) based on their recent performances, and along with the rest of the team, they must be chomping at the bit for tuesday might to come around.

I know we all expect our season (as per usual) to go right to the death, but I reckon all the players and coaching staff deserve an easy go of it in the last game, and will be going all out to ensure they get it !

Last edited:
I'll be happy if we add to points tally in any way.

Capable of winning if we play to form but wouldn't be disappointed with a point either.

Think I will buy a match pass for this one.

I'll be happy if we add to points tally in any way.

Capable of winning if we play to form but wouldn't be disappointed with a point either.

Think I will buy a match pass for this one.

If you've got a record of only watching us lose GL, stay away from that pass !

;)

Shrewsbury are not in good form, they are playing for nothing and their manager is off sick - while we are in good form, fighting for our lives and a win goes a long way to saving ourselves.

It looks like there is only 1 outcome, but we all know what football is like and we know from past experience these are the games that Wigan rarely do as expected. So i am very nervous, we desperately need the win as the next 2 are much tougher games and the teams around us could easily gain ground on us.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rochdale pull off a shock win at home against Blackpool, if that happens and we fail to win it will no longer be in our hands with Rochdale's better goal difference and game in hand.

Huge night in the relegation battle, if results go our way it wont seal the deal - but it takes us tantalisingly close. We've turned up and shown the intensity and desire in the last 3 - if we do that again we probably win this too. We need to keep those levels just as high and make sure we don't waste this golden opportunity - but it is Wigan and we never do anything easy or straight forward.

Tomorrow will see the taming of the Shrews (one for us oldies). I'm going for a 0-2 away win although it will probably be a bit of a nervy one.

I may go with ‘Glasgow‘ here
I decided not to watch on Saturday (in the team’s interest!) my sole victory on ”I Follow” this season, remains the scruffy 1-0 home win V Donny Rovers .....well before the clocks went back last year!
I’ve had at least a dozen attempts since....but it’s getting to the stage where “I just gots to know”...live ....so if they’ve come good for GL they can do it for me!

nervy 0-1 I reckon

....... my sole victory on ”I Follow” this season, remains the scruffy 1-0 home win V Donny Rovers .....well before the clocks went back last year!
I’ve had at least a dozen attempts since....
On your head be it Zeb.
😉

We're in a good position going into this one, least pressure the players and staff have been under all season. Could be a great performance today, or it could go the other way.

Atleast confidence should be high due to recent results, along with motivation as theres only 4 games left for players to earn themselves the best contracts possible for next season.

Chapman is good player for them, quick feet and scores a few. Usually plays wide, been central lately and as mentioned their form has been poor lately. Another solid or top performance would put us in a great position.

Heart says away win 1-2
Head say score draw 1-1
Bet slip says Shrews & Rochdale wins 9-1.

We're in a good position going into this one, least pressure the players and staff have been under all season. Could be a great performance today, or it could go the other way.

Atleast confidence should be high due to recent results, along with motivation as theres only 4 games left for players to earn themselves the best contracts possible for next season.

Chapman is good player for them, quick feet and scores a few. Usually plays wide, been central lately and as mentioned their form has been poor lately. Another solid or top performance would put us in a great position.

I think being chased and holding that lead is sometimes more pressure than chasing it. Now we are 5th bottom with it in our own hands and so few games left - and an opponent we really should be beating - I think this is actually the most pressure we've been under. It's not to say they haven't felt pressure in other ways this season but i do think that in football sometimes it's the results that look the most nailed on are the ones that so often trip you up. I'm thinking Leeds away with 10 men when a win for them would've pretty much taken them up.

Also Leon Clarke plays for them - wouldn't it be typical Wigan if he came back to haunt us after only scoring 1 all season.

Inexplicably nervous about tonight's game. There's no logic or reason to it, I much prefer being the underdog with little to no expectation than suddenly starting to think we "should" be winning this one.

Inexplicably nervous about tonight's game. There's no logic or reason to it, I much prefer being the underdog with little to no expectation than suddenly starting to think we "should" be winning this one.
We will be 3 up half time don't worry. Viv ghosting by fullback and laying it off for callum keane or dodoo. It'll be fine 👍