Showing we care | Vital Football

Showing we care

piemon

Vital Youth Team
While we are proving our passion on social media and the forums and by watching on iFollow, is there something we could do to tell Liam and the boys that we are behind them.

Could this forum or the SC organise a small fund raiser to buy a huge appreciation banner for home matches going ahead? I am not great at organising these things but happy to chip in.

I am feeling a lot of love for this team at the moment 😁😁😁

I would say something about the players and management who have stuck with us and shown so much passion. Even if it dates and people move on it would be a historical document.

Sorry, I would think someone else could do this better than me. And as a group we can come up with some words.

But happy to pitch in with £30 to £40 for starters

I just looked at Instantprint & Vistaprint - 2m x 3m vinyl banner (with eyelets) costs approx £170 & free delivery. Don't think we need images - just lettering to make it easier.
All donors could send in suggestions re wording.
Anyone volunteering to contact Supporters Club/Club/PWU/Mudhutter to see if they are willing to have money sent to their bank accounts and pay? We can design the banners and place the order.

Not so sure on this one, most of the players are here on loan for a few months then they'll be gone.
The players in question aren't here for the love of the club they are here for a wage, if the squad roll their sleeves up and fight every game win lose or draw then fair enough, but one step forward, three steps back doesn't deserve any accolades at the moment i'm afraid.

FFS people. If you want do summat (not really sure what it is you think you're doing, but that's up to you), then just do it.

Don't write to other folk or Tics organisations to ask them to do it for you!

Where's that bloody fence gone.
😡

Totally understand what people are saying. If I wanted to sort this out for myself I could send one of my flags to the club.

I just thought someone with links to the club could put it out there and instead of three of us doing this, it might get 300 wanting to give a couple of quid each.

And thanks NFC for getting that quote but I was imagining something to cover a few hundred seats for when we are on telly.

As for the message I was thinking of something more personal for Liam and the boys.

As for the players playing for the money, of course they are. But I am surprised we have managed to attract some talented players to what appears to be a sinking ship at times. From what I have seen, both young and old players are giving 100% every game.

I was really asking for views and advice. If you don’t think it’s a good idea that’s fine.

I would say something about the players and management who have stuck with us and shown so much passion. Even if it dates and people move on it would be a historical document.

Sorry, I would think someone else could do this better than me. And as a group we can come up with some words.

But happy to pitch in with £30 to £40 for starters
What players have stuck with us? Serious question that btw, they’ve all fucked off bar three of them. Of the three, two are still here because nobody wants to sign them and the other is “injured”. Some passion that. As stated above as well, I have little empathy for the current squad as they’ll all be gone come summer and we’ll have an entirely new side come next season hopefully in L1 but more than likely in L2.

Only two people that truly deserve appreciation is Richardson and Rioch and the club staff still employed such as the cleaners etc. Rioch is the most important employee that we’ve had for many years. Lose him and regardless of whether the club gets saved or not, it’ll be a long long way back for us.

What players have stuck with us? Serious question that btw, they’ve all fucked off bar three of them. Of the three, two are still here because nobody wants to sign them and the other is “injured”. Some passion that. As stated above as well, I have little empathy for the current squad as they’ll all be gone come summer and we’ll have an entirely new side come next season hopefully in L1 but more than likely in L2.

Only two people that truly deserve appreciation is Richardson and Rioch and the club staff still employed such as the cleaners etc. Rioch is the most important employee that we’ve had for many years. Lose him and regardless of whether the club gets saved or not, it’ll be a long long way back for us.
I disagree. I haven’t felt this close to the team for many years. This feels like Wigan Athletic in the Springfield days..

Of course everyone is a mercenary if looking after your career and family is concerned. But watching the majority of the games so far I actually feel that we have been doing something special in the circumstances.

I have really enjoyed watching some of our younger players getting a chance to grow into footballers. I still think we will stay up.

I agree that Richardson and Rioch are important going forward

I'll certainly, chuck a tenner or twenty quid in. I'll have it that some are possibly only there for the cash but most aren't. They are still turning up every day facing a massively uncertain future to a ground that currently looks tired and depressing. Once in there they have nobody to shout them on or to lift them. On top of that I want to show them that I care other than just getting an ifollow latics pass every match!