Showing we care | Page 9 | Vital Football

Showing we care

With all the talk of various stands of the ground being named after past players why not extend this to other areas ?....

The Gavin Massey Treatment Room would seem quite apt although when he is eventually fired off they will have to lay 3 or 4 medics off as a direct result.
Made me laugh that one Hindley 👏👏👏

View attachment 48012
Final banner in the set.

Thoughts please? So I can get this in place for the last home game

You know my thoughts but i'll say it again, waste of time and money, its what we do on the pitch that counts, fuck all to do with fancy banners!

LEGENDS? 90% of the squad are only here because no other club wants them, fair play they've done a decent job, credit were its due but LEGENDS, come on!

You know my thoughts but i'll say it again, waste of time and money, its what we do on the pitch that counts, fuck all to do with fancy banners!

LEGENDS? 90% of the squad are only here because no other club wants them, fair play they've done a decent job, credit were its due but LEGENDS, come on!

And you know I don’t take any notice of what you say - but it’s nice to know it annoys you so much 😎😎😎

Oh come on...everybody deserves one shot in life at being a legend. If this rag tag bunch of unwanted misfits pull this survival off they have earned our appreciation and a group of legends they are.

Well done every last one of them and piemon, banner looks great mon.

And you know I don’t take any notice of what you say - but it’s nice to know it annoys you so much 😎😎😎
Doesn't annoy me one bit i didnt waste my money on that shite, what does annoy me is daft bastards like you that think a couple of banners are all of a sudden getting results.

You are right that what happens on the pitch is what matters, but what happens on the pitch is linked to the players mentality / confidence / belief / moral etc. At the end of the day they are people and how they feel can impact how hard they fight and how well they play.

If the players know a section of the fans put their money down to give them a message like that on the banner it might be a little extra boost for them that could make them perform a little better. I'm not suggesting that having a message on a banner automatically changes results or makes players 10 times better but in a game of fine margins a little psychological boost could be the extra 1% that makes the difference. Look at the difference the 'meet and greets' did back in the day - sometimes little things off the pitch can have a impact on the pitch.

If they manage to pull this great escape off you could argue if they are or aren't legends in the grand scheme of things. But if you're trying to boost them you probably aren't going to say 'you've been decent' on the banner you need to big them up. I wouldn't mind if they wrote 'best ever Wigan side' on a banner if it made them get the result that keeps us up.

Well done to all those who sorted this out.

They may not be "legends" as individuals, but as a team they certainly will be legendary in the history of our club. They will forever be known as the team that kept us alive despite everything that the pandemic and the Chinese crooks could throw at them.

To me they are heroes and I will always think of them as the team that wouldn't surrender.

They may not be "legends" as individuals, but as a team they certainly will be legendary in the history of our club. They will forever be known as the team that kept us alive despite everything that the pandemic and the Chinese crooks could throw at them.

To me they are heroes and I will always think of them as the team that wouldn't surrender.

Absolutely TB, they’ve done this club proud - whether they stay up or not. Just a pity we can’t attend a game and show our appreciation for their efforts as suspect many won’t be with us next season.