Should They Stay Or Should They Go?! | Vital Football

Should They Stay Or Should They Go?!

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Contracts ending 2019

With the loans, they end the summer of 2019. We have:

Yannick Bolasie, Tammy Abraham, Axel Tuanzebe, Andre Moreiria, Anwar El Ghazi.

And then the big questions... I think this is where Villa clear out a hell of a lot of deadwood and high wages.

Next summer (June 2019) these deals run out

Alan Hutton

Tommy Elphick

Jed Steer

Mark Bunn

Micah Richards

Ritchie De Laet

Mile Jedinak

Glenn Whelan

Jordan Lyden

Also having deals set to expire next summer:

Easah Suliman, Mitch Clark and Harry McKirdy.

Who would you keep and who would you get rid of?

Hutton another 12 month contract if he keeps his form up and Mitch Clark on a long term deal. Doesn't make sense to keep any of the others to me.
I know Suliman has played for England at various youth levels, but I'm not convinced he will progress enough to make it as this level.

Give Suliman, Clark and McKirdy new contracts.
I'd give Hutton another contract and I'd offer Lyden a one year extension.

Premiership or Championship, either way I'm sure Moreira will be back in Italy.
I think getting El Ghazi in on a permament deal would be a good long term move.
As for Bolasie, Abraham and Tuanzebe, I don't think it matters because I can't see any of their mother clubs being willing to sell them but, if they were, I think they would be asking ridiculous prices.

We do have to get away from having 5 or 6 loan players in every season, as soon as possible. This may not be possible for two or three seasons yet but, we should be cutting down on the numbers season by season.

We do have to get away from having 5 or 6 loan players in every season, as soon as possible. This may not be possible for two or three seasons yet but, we should be cutting down on the numbers season by season.

Spot on, if not we are forever building on sand.

Mitch Clark looks a good bet but the rest including McCafu have no long-term future. Suliman is nowhere near is he, I don't think he's getting a game on loan, but he's the ball playing CB that perhaps dean can make something of. So perhaps I'd keep him too

Mitch Clark looks a good bet but the rest including McCafu have no long-term future. Suliman is nowhere near is he, I don't think he's getting a game on loan, but he's the ball playing CB that perhaps dean can make something of. So perhaps I'd keep him too

Harry McKirdy has a lot of potential 57.
A personal thing I know but, I rate him way above RHM, who's level seems to be U23's, as a centreforward anyway.
Mitch Clark is a no-brainer really.
Suliman being in Holland will have done him some good but, its probably time to bring him home and loan him out to a first or second division team for the rest of the season. I'd give him a contract mainly because he is a very composed ball playing centreback and I have a sneaking feeling that if we let him go, he'll go on to become another Cahill.
Hutton is worth another years contract surely, maybe even two.

If we go up, we need to hang on to our best players if at all possible. So go all out to sign Abraham. With Bolasie, Tuanzebe and El Ghazi I'd see how they look by the summer. Moreira no, in fact I'd send him back in January if possible; bit hard, he hasn't had a chance, but he's probably not going to.

Of the existing squad, keep Hutton and maybe Whelan. Of the youngsters out on loan, keep Clark and McKirdy. Steer could be our future keeper, or not; don't know.

If we go up, we need to hang on to our best players if at all possible. So go all out to sign Abraham. With Bolasie, Tuanzebe and El Ghazi I'd see how they look by the summer. Moreira no, in fact I'd send him back in January if possible; bit hard, he hasn't had a chance, but he's probably not going to.

Of the existing squad, keep Hutton and maybe Whelan. Of the youngsters out on loan, keep Clark and McKirdy. Steer could be our future keeper, or not; don't know.

I rate Steer as one point better than Bunn, who I rate as no better than relegation material in the second division.
At Charlton, Steer's played 13, kept 4 clean sheets and conceded 16 goals. Not exactly outstanding is it.

7 months is a long time in football terms, we don't know what league we'll be in and what the finances are and players form also alters the mindset.
Just a few months ago people were wanting Snoddy back and JT , now they are not mentioned since Smith has us playing football again and we have Bolasie Abraham SJM etc

We could have bigger fish to fry come the summer hopefully we'll look at that list and think let them all go. Then we'll be back in the big time

Extend - Hutton (or find him a job at the club to reward his service and commitment to the club and cause).

Give a couple more years to Mitch Clark and Jordan Lyden to see if they can break into the first team.

The rest - you can go.

7 months is a long time in football terms, we don't know what league we'll be in and what the finances are and players form also alters the mindset.
Just a few months ago people were wanting Snoddy back and JT , now they are not mentioned since Smith has us playing football again and we have Bolasie Abraham SJM etc

We could have bigger fish to fry come the summer hopefully we'll look at that list and think let them all go. Then we'll be back in the big time
I'd still love to have Snoddy and JT in this team to be fair!

If we go up then I could see us bring able to buy Tammy, Bolasie and Tuanzabe. I'd sign up El ghazi as well. Out of the rest if give Hutton another 1 year deal and keep Suliman, Mckirdy and Clark who I think should be one of our 1st choice full backs if we don't go up.