Should the Vaccine be Compulsory ? | Vital Football

Should the Vaccine be Compulsory ?

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
If you work with other people it should in my view be mandatory,,,,,,If you do not wish to protect yourself you must protect. other workers ...

No, it shouldn't be compulsory; freedom of choice and all that. I believe 75% is enough to achieve herd immunity and that's what we should be aiming for. Yes, of course, protect the elderly and vulnerable but consideration needs to given to choice.
As an aside, any vaccination for any disease carries the risk later in life of complications to your autoimmune system.

My youngest son 42 works in a essential job and he works with vulnerable workers due them being of ethnic decent ,who will not have the vaccine to me that is wrong.I believe we all need to protect one another when faced with a virus that can kill.

No, it shouldn't be compulsory; freedom of choice and all that. I believe 75% is enough to achieve herd immunity and that's what we should be aiming for. Yes, of course, protect the elderly and vulnerable but consideration needs to given to choice.
As an aside, any vaccination for any disease carries the risk later in life of complications to your autoimmune system.

Dr Bob is quite correct re a risk, albeit small to the autoimmune system. On the other hand the principle of compulsory vaccine is not a new thing. Yellow fever vaccination certificates are required for entering certain countries. One cannot claim child benefit in France if your children do not have the requisite childhood immunisations. Any law is a balance between individual rights and social benefit. In this case I feel the balance might lie with social benefit but I think we might wait for more data before adopting compulsory vaccination. I certainly support pumping public energy into persuading those reluctant to consider vaccination. I suspect a very significant majority might favour making the vaccination compulsory.

The 75 percent that Dr Bob believes will help achieve herd immunity is just that..a belief. Epidemiologists I have heard estimate between 60 and 95 percent might achieve herd immunity but all expressed their opinions with the caveat that we need more data and that the emergence of new variants could hugely impact the figures projected.

Last edited:
I should add - you get the vaccine - ✅ tattooed on tbe back of your neck
You refuse the vaccine you get a ❌ tattooed on the back of your neck.
People falling ill through covid:
✅= allowed in to hospital and treated
❌= sorry no entry.

I should add - you get the vaccine - ✅ tattooed on tbe back of your neck
You refuse the vaccine you get a ❌ tattooed on the back of your neck.
People falling ill through covid:
✅= allowed in to hospital and treated
❌= sorry no entry.

That would concentrate a few minds.(y)

An encouragement might be if you don't have a vaccine certificate you can't travel abroad.

Who wants to travel abroad in these turbulent times not worth the risk stay in the U,K.
Perhaps those who do business abroad or have lovers in different countries or simply want to escape the suffocating insular xenophobic atmosphere of post brexit England?

Perhaps those who do business abroad or have lovers in different countries or simply want to escape the suffocating insular xenophobic atmosphere of post brexit England?
We are one of the most welcoming and understanding countries on Earth some would say too much so.....

Work are pushing for us bus drivers to be higher up the list considering we deal with the public day in day out. Think there’s a very good argument for people in our line of work, shop workers, definitely police, school teachers and emergency services etc to be higher up the list but they seem to be sticking with the age group for now.

I see they are saying they hope to have all adults jabbed by July now.

Completely agree with what Dave has said, nobody is forcing anyone to have a jab but if you don’t want it then you shouldn’t be allowed hospital treatment unless life threatening if covid is such a load of bollocks that people think it is. You are telling the wrong person that line when my missus is a nurse and her ward has been turned into another AMU and has dealt with covids over the month.

“It’s just a cold” no it isn’t you fucking moron.

Work are pushing for us bus drivers to be higher up the list considering we deal with the public day in day out. Think there’s a very good argument for people in our line of work, shop workers, definitely police, school teachers and emergency services etc to be higher up the list but they seem to be sticking with the age group for now.

I see they are saying they hope to have all adults jabbed by July now.

Completely agree with what Dave has said, nobody is forcing anyone to have a jab but if you don’t want it then you shouldn’t be allowed hospital treatment unless life threatening if covid is such a load of bollocks that people think it is. You are telling the wrong person that line when my missus is a nurse and her ward has been turned into another AMU and has dealt with covids over the month.

“It’s just a cold” no it isn’t you fucking moron.

I think the existing order of vaccination is the sensible one as it based on both actual experience to date and medical risks identified. 98% of deaths to date are in the age range 50+. So it does seem logical to focus first on an age criteria and also those with particular medical conditions who are more at risk. The issue then is to get every adult vaccinated as quickly as possible and, for once, we do appear to be ahead of the game on that, with the only limiting factor perhaps being the speed of manufacture and supply.
Vaccinations should generally be voluntary, but there may be
some exceptions. We have had a very good percentage of people taking up the vaccine to date, but I do worry those percentages will fall as we work through the younger age groups. I do think there may be some form of vaccine passport requirement at some stage to travel abroad (other countries may insist on it even if we don't). That may encourage more to have the vaccine. For those that haven't and get Covid and receive treatment, on completion of the treatment, and at the appropriate time, there shoild be a requirement that they have the vaccine.

I think the existing order of vaccination is the sensible one as it based on both actual experience to date and medical risks identified. 98% of deaths to date are in the age range 50+. So it does seem logical to focus first on an age criteria and also those with particular medical conditions who are more at risk. The issue then is to get every adult vaccinated as quickly as possible and, for once, we do appear to be ahead of the game on that, with the only limiting factor perhaps being the speed of manufacture and supply.
Vaccinations should generally be voluntary, but there may be
some exceptions. We have had a very good percentage of people taking up the vaccine to date, but I do worry those percentages will fall as we work through the younger age groups. I do think there may be some form of vaccine passport requirement at some stage to travel abroad (other countries may insist on it even if we don't). That may encourage more to have the vaccine. For those that haven't and get Covid and receive treatment, on completion of the treatment, and at the appropriate time, there shoild be a requirement that they have the vaccine.
Very thoughtful and well considered post,at the end of the day we should all do what is best and safest for ourselves family and friends and try to ensure them and us are safe,

Whilst agreeing in general with the age order criteria I do think some consideration should be given to vaccinating those who are in contact with lots of people in the course of their work because this could help to reduce the circulation of the beast.