Should spitting become a automatic booking? | Vital Football

Should spitting become a automatic booking?

chris who

Vital Champions League
Just seen it in the cup final certainly during the time the virus is still with us for me players or indeed coaching staff spitting should be seriously punished even if it is away from other players .If a player needs to spit he should ask to leave the field.

Just seen it in the cup final certainly during the time the virus is still with us for me players or indeed coaching staff spitting should be seriously punished even if it is away from other players .If a player needs to spit he should ask to leave the field.
Very hard for any fitness based sport to not spit,it’s a reaction

Not a booking, ludicrous to see players sent off for it.

As everyone involved has been tested then risk is low but they could set a better example by not doing it.

Not a booking, ludicrous to see players sent off for it.

As everyone involved has been tested then risk is low but they could set a better example by not doing it.
Still encouraging spitting in the wider public. If you did it in view of a police officer I would hope that the police would take it seriously. If it is important to wear a mask at times .It must be important to discourage spitting.

Still encouraging spitting in the wider public. If you did it in view of a police officer I would hope that the police would take it seriously. If it is important to wear a mask at times .It must be important to discourage spitting.

Agree thats what I mean about setting an example.

Got no problem with it unless its directed at a player. I too spit occasionally when i run or play football (admittedly not so often these days).

Anybody remember Frank Rjykard running past Rudi Voller and spitting in his ear in (I think) 1992 euros. Caught perfectly on camera as he did it too, pure filth.

Spitting at people is an autonatic red surely. In all other siutuations no, almost impossible to suppress an instinctive action.

The real fault lies with the TV director, going in for close ups. Anyone involved in physical exertion at times feels the need to moisten the mouth and that can lead to spitting. How many times have any of us noticed players spitting at Priestfield? It does happen but were are all interested in where the ball has gone rather than waiting for someone to spit.

Anybody remember Frank Rjykard running past Rudi Voller and spitting in his ear in (I think) 1992 euros. Caught perfectly on camera as he did it too, pure filth.

Replayed in super slow mo as well. Voller looked absolutely furious and rightly so. I tbough it was italia 90 but might be wrong.

Not sure it should be extended to coaching staff, including managers. Think of the fuss every time Crystal Palace play.....

Tough one.

Spitting, especially in the current climate, is not good. Definitely not a good “look. But anyone who has played any sport will know it’s almost impossible not to.

It was mentioned on the cricket recently. They have banned spitting on the ball. Quite correctly I reckon. But then one of the commentators mentioned Steve Smith (as an example, there are plenty of others) has stood at 1st slip his whole career and spits on his hands before every single ball. It’s going to be very, very hard to stop an ingrained habit like that.

I don’t think you can outlaw spitting. But there should be a general directive to try to minimise it, do it away from the action, never in any other players general direction. And also, TV cameras don’t go out of the way to show it.

As a final word, if any parent says “my kids look up to these players and mimic them” then they are doing parenting pretty badly imho.

Difficult not to spit when the saliva gets a bit sticky, but seeing it happening in the streets upsets me, as we got rid of T.B. in this country & that's one way of spreading it. Cases are being reported of it re-appearing!

Difficult not to spit when the saliva gets a bit sticky, but seeing it happening in the streets upsets me, as we got rid of T.B. in this country & that's one way of spreading it. Cases are being reported of it re-appearing!
I have seen it a few times in the streets near home recently.Revolting and unnecessary especially now.

Suggested punishments

Extracting ear wax/picking nose - yellow card

Belching - yellow card

Persistent Belching- straight red

Farting - yellow card

Farting in front of the referee (before he does) - red card

Persistent Farting- automatic substitution and comfort break

Spitting or snotting onto pitch - automatic red

Suggested punishments

Extracting ear wax/picking nose - yellow card

Belching - yellow card

Persistent Belching- straight red

Farting - yellow card

Farting in front of the referee (before he does) - red card

Persistent Farting- automatic substitution and comfort break

Spitting or snotting onto pitch - automatic red
This is about trying to save people's lives .Even if the players on TV are proven not to have the virus. If it does mean people continue to spit in public and that causes one death it is one death that could be avoided. Frankly I don't care what you think .Nor do I really care what happens in the vast majority of TV games.But many others do.In my opinion players should at least try to observe the society that we now find ourselves in.