Should sabz stay | Page 7 | Vital Football

Should sabz stay

Should sabz stay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry finbar but I think you're wrong with all of that.
It's all pretty factual. SL cost us the play offs, if he doesn't change philosophy he's gone after 10-12 games. There is nothing I've written that isn't true. If he makes progress, he will stay. But our play if it continues into next season will see a change, as we won't be top 6 even in a weaker league next season playing that way

It's all pretty factual. SL cost us the play offs, if he doesn't change philosophy he's gone after 10-12 games. There is nothing I've written that isn't true. If he makes progress, he will stay. But our play if it continues into next season will see a change, as we won't be top 6 even in a weaker league next season playing that way

SL also earned us our shot at the playoffs by giving us a distinctive playstyle, something we've not had for a long time. A style that I don't particularly enjoy but one that all the players bought into and was largely effective.

He was hardly gifted a great squad, a mediocre summer window and an awful January. He took Cash and Worrall to the next level and made them worth a significant amount for the club. He got performances from Watson, Ameobi, Grabban that exceeded the expectations of the vast amount of supporters. He also showed a willingness to play our youngsters, something that will hopefully benefit us in the years to come.

Given the limitations he was presented with, it's clear that whatever his failings the good far exceeds the bad and he deserves another full season at a minimum to address where we came up short.

Everything you have said is opinion. None of it is fact.

You cannot prove that SL cost us the playoffs because you cannot accurately predict the outcome of alternative decisions he might have made.

You cannot tell me that SL is responsible for Worrall giving away that free kick at Derby

It isn't Sl's fault that Worrall wasnt strong enough for Stoke's first, or was playing people inside for their second.

It isn't SL's fault that Andre Ayew is a chest and the referee in that game is completely incompetent.

You can blame him for Barnsley but you cannot say it is factual. An all out attacking outlook, with the injuries we had, against a Barnsley team needing a win? There is no guarentee that this would be any more successful. What I can prove is that attacking Brentford lost a higher stakes game at home to them days later; so I can prove to you that Barnsley were capable of beating a side that came out to attack them with quality as well as sides that played defensive

Unless you have been involved in the talks between the owners and SL then absolutely none of that is factual.

Presume the worse case scenario in this window doesn't materialise, with the best case being:

- only one of the following leaving Cash, Worrall, Lolley or Grabban
- as many of the deadwood are shifted (probably those who's contracts end this season)
- the rest being loaned out.
- players in who Lamouchi has approved.
- either carvalho is sold to olympiacos or he changes his attitude and fitness and is integrated into the first-team squad.

If that comes to pass, then the problem isn't the first 10-12 games, it's the January transfer window and fatigue within the main squad.

Everything you have said is opinion. None of it is fact.

You cannot prove that SL cost us the playoffs because you cannot accurately predict the outcome of alternative decisions he might have made.

You cannot tell me that SL is responsible for Worrall giving away that free kick at Derby

It isn't Sl's fault that Worrall wasnt strong enough for Stoke's first, or was playing people inside for their second.

It isn't SL's fault that Andre Ayew is a chest and the referee in that game is completely incompetent.

You can blame him for Barnsley but you cannot say it is factual. An all out attacking outlook, with the injuries we had, against a Barnsley team needing a win? There is no guarentee that this would be any more successful. What I can prove is that attacking Brentford lost a higher stakes game at home to them days later; so I can prove to you that Barnsley were capable of beating a side that came out to attack them with quality as well as sides that played defensive

Barnsley won we over this season, if they could find a Grabban they'd be top 6 dark horses. Finding a Grabban is of course easier said than done.

Presume the worse case scenario in this window doesn't materialise, with the best case being:

- only one of the following leaving Cash, Worrall, Lolley or Grabban
- as many of the deadwood are shifted (probably those who's contracts end this season)
- the rest being loaned out.
- players in who Lamouchi has approved.
- either carvalho is sold to olympiacos or he changes his attitude and fitness and is integrated into the first-team squad.

If that comes to pass, then the problem isn't the first 10-12 games, it's the January transfer window and fatigue within the main squad.

If the wage cap comes in, as has been strongly rumoured, the January window becomes even more difficult to deal in than it is now.

We will be allowed a 25 man squad excluding 21 year old players and younger.

That means for every addition to the squad, we have to off load one as well; and the chances are the only players we be able to off load are the ones we do not want to leave.

Touch of the fat spanish waiter about this post but is definitely a classic to draw from.

FACT

im with you. he won 4 of 19 games, it took half a season for clubs to realise we were quite shit and worked us out.
Either way, im still supportive cos i have no choice. The honeymoon period clearly over tho, modesto n co need to get the attacking players he wants and we need to be top few from day one, showing we can score goals.