Should Ryan be a serious contender? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Should Ryan be a serious contender?

It will be interesting to know how Ryan is handling the player expectations through this period. It is only one game a week.

Whilst we've talked about the re-emergence of Bale and Dele there's also the other side of this coin. Ndombele and Moura have been demoted from the first team, whilst Rodon and Tanguy aren't even making match day squads.

For me, a couple of games doesn't make much difference but can do when it becomes 5 or 6? How is Ndombele feeling about his Euro chances as Ryan puts the homegrown boys back in the team?

Management isn't just tweaking a few things and getting results against bottom sides. As Lampard found out trying to keep too many players happy, it's a really tough gig.

I just hope Ryan can deal with the bit that comes after the honeymoon period.

Yes.

Arguing against it because he doesn't have the requisite "experience" is just plain silly. If we set that as a metric for qualifications in all of life, well we'd all miss pretty much every one of the truly unique & special talents in the world.

I dont care ab out his age, his level of pro coaching experience, or whether he has a cool haircut.

What I care about, is how does the team perform under his direction on the pitch, and does that result in "success" (however you measure that).

So far, he's done a FANTASTIC job.

I said he was a serious candidate the day he was appointed. Rule him out at your peril.

Can't agree....the cup final he bottled it imo...our only chance of anything this season fell into his hands, go out and attack and win...or die trying.....and he bottled it. No excuses imo....

He needs to do a Gerard and go elsewhere to learn the trade before coming back home in a few years after our next manager whoever it is probably fails to remove Spursey from our genes

Can't agree....the cup final he bottled it imo...our only chance of anything this season fell into his hands, go out and attack and win...or die trying.....and he bottled it. No excuses imo....

Your opinion. But I can't beleive you're really thinking thru what was going on in the lad's life & mind at the time.

Your expectation is absolutely ridiculous.

I dont care what experienced top level world class most trophy winning coach in the history of mankind guy, in charge for those first 2 matches, and I 1,000,000% doubt the results would be any better. And IN FACT, I'd go so far as to say i beleive he did better than most would have.

We lost the cup to a late goal by a guy that pretty much everyone with a brain cell beleives shouldn't have been on the pitch at the time. Perspective.

A fab club man doing good work with the players...long term coach? Not for me. It’s too big a job to nurturer a newbie...we already know as fans our patience has been stretch beyond comprehension another period like we have endured already would ruin the young man! We need a top top manager to eradicate the negativity and lack of winning mentality that seems to linger season after season. Positive courageous approach from the club that shows they want success as much as us supporters...

A fab club man doing good work with the players...long term coach? Not for me. It’s too big a job to nurturer a newbie...we already know as fans our patience has been stretch beyond comprehension another period like we have endured already would ruin the young man! We need a top top manager to eradicate the negativity and lack of winning mentality that seems to linger season after season. Positive courageous approach from the club that shows they want success as much as us supporters...
We tried that, supposedly, and failed, with the bloke that’s now going to Roma!

Played 2 teams that have been dreadful this season and weren't competitive against City. Better to look at end of season and even then I'd be inclined to think no.. players have responded after being in the mire under that other negative prick.

Your opinion. But I can't beleive you're really thinking thru what was going on in the lad's life & mind at the time.

I dont care what experienced top level world class most trophy winning coach in the history of mankind guy, in charge for those first 2 matches, and I 1,000,000% doubt the results would be any better. And IN FACT, I'd go so far as to say i beleive he did better than most would have.

We lost the cup to a late goal by a guy that pretty much everyone with a brain cell beleives shouldn't have been on the pitch at the time. Perspective.

then we disagree....I thought we stunk the place out. Whilst the history books will show it as a narrow loss....it was anything but that. I can't imagine any 'decent ' team playing as bad as us...especially in the first half.

Sorry cant agree, yes there is the argument about whether Laporte should have been on the pitch but the real fact of the matter is City didnt get out of second gear and still got the win due to the way we set up and played. The 2 CL semi finals they have just played against PSG show to me if they wanted to they could have wiped the floor with us. The Caroboa Cup was not really a priority to them but they still won it. You are of course entitled to your opinion as am I but the performance in the final was second rate partially down to the players but also partially down to Ryans set up and gameplan. He got it wrong and we played poorly. The reason it took so long for them to score is because they were complacent and nothing to do with how we played.

Well any manager that comes in will only last 2 years (stats suggest), whilst winning nothing. So why bother paying top dollar for this?
Just give to Mason I say.

I will add...it would also be BAD for Ryan. He needs to go take a small club for a bit...make a name for himself and get some experience....

Set your foundation lad...don't overstep