Should Forest Make Crucial Positional Change For Derby? | Vital Football

Should Forest Make Crucial Positional Change For Derby?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Is there a case for moving Ben Osborn further up field?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?590744">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Only chance if Ozzy playing further up the field is if we play three at the back nd he moves further up but still on the left hand side
...moving Lolley in the middle infront of watson nd colback with BB nd Tomlin upfront...but we know it is not going to happen...injuries apart...the team will ne the same as on Saturday...so Tommy back in his place instead of Dowell...

No LB. Karanka said Lichaj won't be playing there. Even reeling off a list of players he'll use before he puts Lichaj there again bar an injury crisis... So it won't be him.

Karanka has persisted with Osborn at LB in all the contests which have involved battling etc. And he dropped that peach of a ball to Cash from LB so he could score.

I doubt the Spanish LB is up to speed. Os' stays at LB?

SA.

Sure Os' isn't a 'LB' and the fullbacks are Forest's weaker positions at R and L back. But Dar' and Os' have stuck to their task and got better. Os' is a clever little player and will adapt to LB. He really needs to nail a position down. His versatility is a curse for him. But I don't see how he dislodged the current CM or outside Midfield positions?

Whether they, Os' and Dar', are the final solution in the Summer is another matter.

SA.

Strawberry Avenger - 8/3/2018 17:05

Sure Os' isn't a 'LB' and the fullbacks are Forest's weaker positions at R and L back. But Dar' and Os' have stuck to their task and got better. Os' is a clever little player and will adapt to LB. He really needs to nail a position down. His versatility is a curse for him. But I don't see how he dislodged the current CM or outside Midfield positions?

Whether they, Os' and Dar', are the final solution in the Summer is another matter.

SA.

Sorry SA - You say " But Dar' and Os' have stuck to their task and got better"

Again Sorry but.... They've been lucky - So Far. Time will tell but I think other
teams will find us out and somewhere down the line we are going to get punished.

I’m more worried about Darz than Oz personally. We’ve been told consistently by the pub philosophers, kippers, slow, old & overweight on here that Oz is too small, not good enough, not fast enough, whatever other rubbish they can throw at him but managers keep picking him.

In order to do that you probably sacrifice one of lolly or cash. Karanka should try a number of combinations between now and end of season. Fuentes lb Osborne lm/lw. Worth an experiment

Woanz - 8/3/2018 23:35

I’m more worried about Darz than Oz personally. We’ve been told consistently by the pub philosophers, kippers, slow, old & overweight on here that Oz is too small, not good enough, not fast enough, whatever other rubbish they can throw at him but managers keep picking him.

Too small and white duck, L2 standard at best. We should have stuck with Pinillos he was Prem class, hence him ending up at Barnsley

AdebolaCornflakes - 9/3/2018 14:26

Woanz - 8/3/2018 23:35

Too small and white duck, L2 standard at best. We should have stuck with Pinillos he was Prem class, hence him ending up at Barnsley

You do know your onionz, flakez me owd fruit.